PosiTest DFT Paint Thickness gauge

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by eShine, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

Really :gasp: that's great news :chest:

So when you say lube I'm guessign water will do fine? Now does that mean just spray on the water or does it mean a pool of water on the surface?

Good info buddy :headbang:

2. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

apparently the 200 comes with this lube when purchased. its called positect Ultrasonic couplant.
    was looking to buy the 200adv shortly but seriously considering exchanging my 6000adv now for the 200adv as dont see the point in carrying 2 gauges if 1 guage does it all

3. Nica

Nica Banned

Really :what: okay so this Positect Ultrasonic Couplant lube I'm assuming you rub it on the probe it's self and then you take your readings...mmmmm...very interesting...I wonder if you can purchase the lube seperately...can't see why not but I agree with you why have two gauges when one can do both! I've never knew about this, wow great info...I wonder how much lube you'll need.

Jayplay if you decide to exchange it and get the lube let us (me) know please and I'll be phoning PosiTector to see about this lube too...I hope that when I receive my gauges I get lube as well :thumb:

4. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

will do mate:thumb:

when using 200 on metal panels, its consistantly 8% under thickness (100mu reads 92mu) so its wrong in the right/safe direction

5. Nica

Nica Banned

oooh wicked info...8% huh when I get both my gauges I'll give this a try hopefully I'll receive the lube as well

:beerbang: