PosiTest DFT Paint Thickness gauge

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by eShine, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

Sweet I'm going to copy a bunch of info from your site hahahahahahaha

No seriously I am..I'm working on a side project hehehehehe ;)

2. eShine

eShine Guest

As long as it isn't www.eShinier.com :eek:

3. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh snap you got me hahaha na...I'll leave the hard work for you...seriously don't know how you do it. I've been working on my own personal website :computer: (well I got the programmers working ont it :thumb: yay programmers can I get a woop woop!!!)that's all :eek:...just want pictures of products that's all :eek:

4. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

ok now i really want one.. and i cannot afford it... arg... chris do you have layaway?

5. eShine

eShine Guest

Building and maintaining a site like ours is a lot of work. Let's put it this way. This year we switched servers and the entire site was supposed to be backed up. Something went wrong and they lost everything! They lost all HTML files and most importantly our database that automatically populates product pages. All our setting were lost, links to credit card companies, shipping tables, everything. The site was down for 2 days while we tried to find a recent backup. We were talking about shutting down the company and suing the company we paid to do a proper backup. It would have taken so long to rebuild the site again we would have lost the busiest part of the year and likely all our customers would have went to our competitors. The company pulled through and found a backup that was 3 months old. It took us 2 days with almost no sleep to update everything just to get it current from three months ago.

Needless to say, I back up weekly now!

6. eShine

eShine Guest

Layaway usually means the gauge is held until paid in full. Is that what you want or do you want to have the gauge and pay it off?

7. Calgarydetail

i know, and i was kiding. If i cannot afford it cannot have it. I dont belive in buying things I cannot afford. Heck i dont even belive in leasing a car :coffee:, the only time i belive on borowing or putting somting on layaway is when im in desprate need (example, its life or death) ot its a house.'

now that i have given my fincial views, i was kiding, sorry chris.. perhaps in the new year. If all these sell can you get more in? I have postedon another thread that i am planing on going full time in the new year (summer but will get a licence in jan). When i can write things off I will be able to buy these goodies, even if i dont make much its tilla write off :wicked:

8. Nica

Nica Banned

yea I hear you...I'm glad I got programmers to help me out, couldn't have done it with out these guys :thumb:...speaking of backup..that reminds me :computer:

What you serious..okay I want.......

hahaha kidding

9. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

:) I am hardcore, and my computer is backed up hourly. Memory is cheap these days. For $160 I got a 500GB external drive. Not to mention that all files are store on a separate partition from the operating system. The best part is that I can pick a day/ time and look at what a particular folder looked like and restore anything that I may have misplaced or deleted.

10. eShine

eShine Guest

Calgary, If they dont sell, I will surely always have em! LOL If they do sell I will order more.

11. Nica

Nica Banned

Chris will you be able to do a review on the gauge? I wouln't mind seeing one...nothing fancy you know a nice short video of you using it...pictures of how your holding it, placing it on the paint...all it's functions...how it works..the probe thingi connects to the...other thingi...you know just a review

:rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

12. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

But what is the point of writing off if you don't make enough?

hmm I guess over 4 years you pretty much have to make enough to pay off a bunch of bulk chemicals and a few toys here and there.

13. eShine

eShine Guest

Will do......

14. Nica

Nica Banned

Good 100 pics minimum :rollinglaugh:

What asking for too much :confused: I don't think so hahahaha

15. Calgarydetail

I have other sources of income. like investments (that dont get spend on detailing), side jobs, and some other stuff. I have enough from other jobs and stuff to pay of what i have. The thing is if i buy it 700 bucks gone. If i have a business licence I can write is as an expense, egro lower net income. I can hen pay a portion less taxes:wicked:, so although it will be paid off either way but if i can use it to lower my taxes I will.
    Since i can easliy do my own books the lower taxes will outway the cost of book keeping... man im way to much of an accountant :D

16. Nica

Nica Banned

:crasy: :crasy: :crasy:

Just teasing hahahaha...what you just said is what I'm doing :thumb:

Well my accountant is going to do it for me :D

17. Calgarydetail

great minds think alike... the best part is im looking at changing my major. If i do my small business will count as credits.. :wicked:

i like your accountant, hes a smart man lol

18. Nica

Nica Banned

Man I'm terrible at high jacking multiple threads...come on Mods do your job :p

well to get it back on track...Chris when I do get my gauges :confused:

What a guy comes in saying he got the DFT get's me going now I can't go to bed...IT'S ALMOST 12 YIKES...bed time for me boys

19. eShine

eShine Guest

When was talking to the company today they mentioned they only ship out once a week, every wednesday. Your gauge ships today. I thought they shipped it when I placed the order. :(

20. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh no worries when they get here they get here...thanks for letting me know :thumb: