Porsche Paint Correction + Clearbra Install by UCC

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Rickrack, Sep 28, 2010.

1. shazam

shazam Any Rag Vehicle Washer

nice work - i noticed paint chips on the door - did you fix those too?

what method did you use?

2. BigAl3

BigAl3 Birth of a Detailer

for such a nice car, it's sad to see how hammered that thing was. excellent job bringing it back to perfection :thumb: ... how you liking the surbuf/DA combo?

3. Rickrack

Rickrack DB Pro Supporter

bryansbestwax- Thanks Bryan!

Norcal Bob- Thanks a "wicked" lot!! Haha...

detailersdomain- Thank you Phil!

PDJ3.2- Haha! Pretty much... Where in MA do you live?

Clever Nickname- Thanks Jesse! How's everything?

rwisejr- Thank you! The owner manages a body shop and has had a few of his guys detail he car in the past, but nothing like this. He was totally blown away with the results and showed his guys what a "real detail" looks like. He was very impressed to say the least!

shazam- Thanks! I used Dr. Colorship for any stone chips.

BigAl3- Thanks Al! I'm loving the Surbuf pads! They work unbelievable on the DA on certain paints. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have...

4. washerwaxer

washerwaxer Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Beautiful!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with the nice write up.

5. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

P>E>R>F>E>C>T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Amazing work Rick!!!

6. mikenap

mikenap Jedi Nuba

Rick, that Boxster is sick, no doubt. But let's see pics of your IR M5 in the background...Please!
    :beg:

7. PDJ3.2

PDJ3.2 Birth of a Detailer

I live in East Bridgewater. It's in the South Shore

8. Rickrack

washerwaxer- My pleasure. Thanks!

tdekany- Thank you Thomas. How's everything?

mikenap- Thanks! Maybe someday I'll actually get to give it a good detail. I've never had the chance to even put a buffer to it due to being such a busy year... Here's a few pics of it. Its a 2000 with a Dinan Stage 2 Package (just under 500 horsepower) w/52K orig. miles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PDJ3.2- If you're ever near Wakefield, stop by the shop sometime.

9. mikenap

mikenap Jedi Nuba

Rick, that thing is gorgeous! It's the first IR e39 I've ever seen, just incredible. I have an IR e46 M3, and I'm quite honestly jealous! :worship:

10. PDJ3.2

PDJ3.2 Birth of a Detailer

I think I might take you up on that Rick. I go to Somerville every now and then, and Wakefield isn't too far from there. That M5 is stunning btw. I'm a former 540i owner, so the e39 M5 is basically my dream car

11. Rickrack

mikenap- Thanks! Any pics of your M3??

PDJ3.2- Sounds good. I look forward to meeting you!

12. mikenap

mikenap Jedi Nuba

Rick, here are a few pics after correction. Unfortunately there was no sun in Charlotte for several weeks afterward, so I don't have any sun pics. Also, I had an awesome couple of guys help me out with it. Dave Strum (weekendwarrior) and Chris Michalski (Michakaveli) were a huge help in getting this thing done right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just curious what your M5 is wearing? I've got CMW on the M3 and it looks soooo good on Imola Red.