Porsche Boxster - Paint Correction & Opti-Coat Pro by Mr. Sparkle Detailing - Long Island, NY

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Mr. Sparkle, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Mr. Sparkle

Mr. Sparkle DB Pro Supporter

Got the call a few months ago to correct a Porsche Boxster which proved to be quite a battle so figured I would share some photos.

The owner had recently picked up the car and knew it was in poor condition to say the least. Swirls, deep random scratches and overall dull finish. We agreed to a multi step paint correction with long lasting protection from Opti-Coat Pro (5yr warranty on all exterior paint).

Opti-Coat Pro is a Silicon Carbide coating (SiC) not Silicon Dioxide like many others on the market (SiO2). This means low maintenance over the life of the coating (no silica spray needed) and no drop in gloss through oxidation over time.

Did the usual wash / decon / clay routine, taped off the trim and got down to business.

Inspection under LED lighting.

[​IMG]

I found this paint to be surprisingly hard. To get it right, I had no choice but to wet sand a bit in certain areas.

3000 grit machine dampsand
    5000 grit machine dampsand

Shine Supply Flat Top + Flex PE Rotary + Lake Country Purple Wool

Shine Supply Classic Cut + Griots DA (Boss & GG6) + Megs MF Cutting pads

Opti-Coat Primer Polish + Griots DA + LC White

Before you make an omlette, you must break a few eggs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

50/50 Wetsand on the left / Finishing Polish remaining on the right

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did some final prep with Optimum Paint Prep and applied Opti-Coat Pro to all exterior paint, trim and wheel face

Indoor glory shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Outdoor glory shots in direct sun

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From the home of the swirl free finish here in West Babylon, NY