1. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

This article is being updated / revised and will be re-posted when completed

2. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

togwt, thanks for letting me know I have sperm cells all over my car. :yikes: Now I need to get some rubber gloves.

3. HighEndDetail

HighEndDetail Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Soon, everything in GA will be covered in a greenish pollen dust. At times it is so bad you can see it in the air.

4. Cobra

Cobra Virgin Detailer

Wow, thats good to know.

Thanks!

5. richy

richy Guest

6. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

Its been going on for a few weeks now and it's ready bad this week..........everything is turning green!

7. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

It's raining puppies and kittens today...in between the snow and rain, I did notice a nice splotched layer of pollen on my cars.

I'm considering an 845 purchase, but am wondering if I should go for something like DP Surface Shield/Optimum Car Wax/4*UPP/WGDPS or stick with the Klasse twinz. Klasse twinz is kind of a PITA though.

8. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Carnauba wax molecules, which are closed linked, which means that they only butt up together to protect the surface. They align themselves to form an egg-grate type structure (with their long axis vertical) this is what gives it depth.

This mesh-like structure allows the exine or barbs of the pollen to gain a hold and adheres to a natural wax better than a synthetic polymer. As well as being allergic pollen is also very abrasive (due to its exine or barbs) and slightly acidic dust, especially when mixed with moisture and should therefore be removed from paint surfaces as soon as is practicable.