Poll: What should DD get for a new daily/ride : )

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by detailersdomain, Feb 22, 2009.

?

What would you buy?

1. 04 BMW 330i ZCP 6speed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 08 Subaru WRX STI

32.1%
  3. 08 VW R32

39.3%
  4. 04-06 Mini Cooper S

28.6%
  1. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

yeah, with this economy, I guess you forget about what beautiful, and get what's more useful...

2. zspectrum

zspectrum Jedi Nuba

I'm disapointed in you :( We have the same car.

3. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

???? what car is that the sti?

4. zspectrum

zspectrum Jedi Nuba

Ya I have an aspen white 2008 sti.

5. detailersdomain

really amazing please post pics.

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Damn Phil, you running a muffler shop on the side now? LOVE IT!

7. zspectrum

zspectrum Jedi Nuba

will do, I have a bunch done to it.

8. detailersdomain

9. GLuXuRy

GLuXuRy Birth of a Detailer

DONT BUY A BMW .. unless you have vehicle warranty and maintence warranty =)

trust me i work at a BMW dealership

10. supercharged

maintaince bills and repair bills are high, huh???
    $1500 to service brakes on my wife's 325Ci...and that's a 3-series...5-series is $2000, and 7-series is $2500...that's what service advisor told me at the time of vehicle purchase, which was in 2005...it's probably higher now...they replace brake pads, brake rotors, and brake wear sensors...

11. GLuXuRy

roughly

each dealer has a different hourly labor rate, our's is currently $141.00 an hour, we charge 1.5 hours for a brake job (per axle, front or rear) which includes pads and rotors (1 hour for pads only) .. so you figure a 05 3 series, 150 for pads, 20 bucks for the sensor and 300 dollars per rotor, plus labor 210 , plus tax

i did my dad's buddies e39 M5 front brakes, he only paid 6 bills with my discount and free labor, normally it would of been 1.5 hours of labor, 350 for pads, 20 bucks for a sensor and you ready ? 800 for ONE rotor

i believe e60 M5 rotors are like 1100 a piece

12. GLuXuRy

back on topic, i voted for the R32 =) .. the looks are cool, power is def cool, but the sound is just amazing, drop the R32 on some coilovers, slap on some BBS's or DPE's and your done

second up would be the Subi

13. supercharged

Are you serious??? $1100 per rotor??? Why? are they made out of gold???
    Do they actually cost that much to manufacture, or is it because they feel they need to give another bonus to executives???
    And those rotors dust like crazy, I really don't like that in German cars...

14. GLuXuRy

i dont know the size off the top of my head, but they are prob like a 12 to 13 inch rotor that are cross drilled

honestly thats cheap compared to a Ceramic Rotor for a Porsche or a Ferrari, those are prob like 5 to 8 grand a rotor

all in all, the good thing about owning a BMW with new vehicle warranty and maintence warranty you dont have to pay a dime for anything, brakes freee, oil free, drive belts FREE

15. c32AMG-DTM

c32AMG-DTM Birth of a Detailer

Yeah, replacement parts aren't cheap in German cars. BTW, it's the OEM pads that dust so much... doesn't really have anything to do with the rotors. Switch to a ceramic pad like Akebono, EBC, or Hawk, and you're good to go.

16. detailersdomain

thanks guys I did pick up an 08 STI and its a blast to drive. bang for you buck. and the mods are extremely fair in price and somewhat easy to take on to install.

I did the Exhaust, DP, CO's already.

And a few minor items with the help of some friends.

17. detailersdomain

sorry to bring this thread back up but I have to say I have some major issues..........

[​IMG]

18. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

So you got the r32! Sweet, I have a red MKV GTI and love it. I think you will love the MKV's. golfmkv.com is a good forum if you do not know about it already.

19. detailersdomain

:thumb: I put a deposit down on it today.

the sti all the parts have been sold or removed and it should be going to them on Friday.

I just need to put the stock exhaust back on...

the detail write up and mod journey will be up shortly.

20. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Good deal, cant wait to see the mods you do to it. I have the DSG in my GTI and love it. Welcome to the dub community, is this your first VW?