Poll: What should DD get for a new daily/ride : )

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by detailersdomain, Feb 22, 2009.

?

What would you buy?

1. 04 BMW 330i ZCP 6speed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 08 Subaru WRX STI

32.1%
  3. 08 VW R32

39.3%
  4. 04-06 Mini Cooper S

28.6%
  1. blas

blas Birth of a Detailer

IMO the warranty is a very important factor..
    bmw/mini CPO (certified pre-owner) is my choice (6years/100,000miles)

BMW North America

2. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

I would say get the BMW Phil, off course my decision was not bias since I took delivery of my new M3 yesterday.

3. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

well the bmw is about 18k with a 4 years left on the warranty and the zcp pack is super rare.

the sti fits all of my needs power/fun/space newer car/awd...but its 10k more. : )

4. Nica

Nica Banned

Well my vote would go to the STI, they are sharp looking vehicles. But it's hard to rule out the BMW...hard to choose...but either BMW or STI would be a great daily driver.

Good luck and look forward to the pictures :thumb:

5. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

I drove the R32 the other day while at the dealership to buy my sister a jetta, it feels fast but I guess it about as fast as a normal 330 automatic. Which for a "performance" version is pretty sad IMO. Especially when you consider the size/weight of a sedan. DCT was pretty cool and launch on control was pretty cool but I dunno. Besides that didn't like it much. I don't see why someone would get an R32 when they could get a 135i.

330 ZHP (performance package) not ZCP (competition package only available for m3) Phil lol is a pretty sweet car if you ask me. The manual gets to 60 in 5.2 which isn't too far off from the E46 M3. The sedan has a stiffer chassis believe it or not than the M3. I am also a big fan of RWD, it definitly makes things fun. Car is pretty well balanced with a near perfect 50/50 weight distribution so it is very controllable in the corners. This would obviously be my choice, but I think the Subaru would be second.

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

R32 or STi.

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I'd get the BMW or the R32.

What is the work beast you're replacing it with?

8. ScottieB

ScottieB Jedi Nuba

I guess I am the odd ball. I want a Mini S. I am seriously thinking of getting rid of my E46 M3 for a Mini. I like the mods that are available, plus good fuel mileage.

9. Berscht

Berscht Jedi Nuba

Hears a thought. The new WRX non sti version is faster than the new sti and is available in the hatchback model. That would be my pic, $9000 cheaper and fundamentally the same car. That might help you with the $$ issue.

10. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Yup, by 0.1 sec in the quarter mile IIRC. If you want to mod, STI...if you want to keep it stock, BMW.

11. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Nice one mate, congrats! Let's see some pics!

12. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Definitely the Subaru WRX STI. Those are fun cars and the interior is kind of cool. IMO, the BMW's interior just don't do it, kind of plain and boring, but that's just IMO.

13. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

gasp! blasphemy :yikes:

(i kid, i kid)

14. detailersdomain

Yes my bad ZHP I noticed that after I posted. For the money its just about all depreciated so its not a bad buy and they are super rare.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser (1 year and 16k is enough time with it : )

Yeah I'm gonna say I like the STI much better. Just my opinion though.

15. richy

richy Guest

Dude..this is fun spending someone else's money!! (News flash..guess this is what the wife feels like!!). STI or the lower version WRX (that was incredible to hear it's slightly faster than the STI...who wouda thunk it??). AWD and that much power...you'll have wrinkles on your face from all the smiling :)

16. detailersdomain

pictures of what I'm looking at

04 Blue 330I ZHP
    [​IMG]

04 RED 330I ZHP
    [​IMG]

04 Mini Cooper S
    [​IMG]

08 VW R32
    [​IMG]

08 SUBIE WRX STI (Looking at a gray one)
    [​IMG]

17. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

I never would have guessed the WRX is faster than the STI. Just doesn't sound right! My dad is in the same situation as you, he wants a more fun car. He's driving a matrix and... well it's a corolla with a hatch, enough said. It gets awesome gas mileage, has a hitch for the summer time (I bike so we use the hitch for bike rack), and is super reliable. He hasn't had any problems. He's considering the GTI, R32, WRX, and STI. He's leaning towards the GTI right now but I'm trying to get him into a WRX. It seems the most practical, Subies are reliable from what I hear. Would be a lot cheaper to maintain than a German car, has a bigger trunk than the GTI. We haven't gone for a test drive yet in any. If you do go for a test drive in any of those cars let me know! I'll pass the info over to my dad.

For you though, if moneys the breaking point for an STI, think of the exhaust note coming from the Boxer engine :). No just kidding, but why not the WRX? If it's the looks than I'm sure a drop and rims would change it :)

18. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

19. Nica

Nica Banned

Oooh nice they are all blue :cheerl: :cheerl:

20. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Yeah, I was disappointed about you shying away from the allroad from your posts over at audiworld.com, but I can definitely relate to the maintenance costs with those things. None of them really do a whole lot for me, but guess it would come down to the Subie for me. Being an Audi guy, I have that natural thing against BMW, well, really their interiors. But, the 04s might be before they chopped them up, can't remember. Let me throw a couple of sleeper picks at you. What about a Volvo V70R or S60R. The V70 is a wagon that could haul a lot, AWD, and can haul ass.