Polishing Carlos' Style

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Nica, May 12, 2008.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

By the way, I'd love to see other members post some of there polishing videos. We can all learn something from each other, I for one would love to see other members polishing style.

2. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Hehe, I would but I'm still a young rotary user! I still need to perfect my technique with the machine and adapt to the behavior of different polishes with the beast.

Since you mentioned wet sanding Carlos, you might as well put in a headlight restoration video as well! :p:

3. Netspec

Netspec Virgin Detailer

Carlos,

I watched both videos last night and they're fantastic! Thank you for all your hard work!

4. g35videos

g35videos Two Bucket System Washer

5. Nica

Nica Banned

Well it just takes time Denzil but I'm sure you will do just fine. As for headlights, good idea I'll do one up as per your suggestion :thumb:

Thank you, glad you enjoyed them Netspec :peace:

Nice, thank you for doing that..but just curious what is that website all about? Where you loaded the videos? Just curious that's all.

6. Raz5219

Raz5219 Virgin Detailer

I saw these videos yesterday, and I must say they were invaluable to me eventually buying a rotary. The quality is great and I picked up some helpful tricks. Thanks for taking the time to do this Carlos, it's much appreciated!

7. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you for the feed back and I'm glad you found the videos helpfull and valuable, hopefully soon there will be more videos loaded here....just wish the human boddy didn't require rest :coffee: that or the clock had more then 24hrs, I'll take either one :shrug:

8. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Carlos they're awesome videos :D makes me want to go rotary already! Thanks for uploading them! They were worth the download. Quality's awesome.

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you klumz, glad you enjoyed the videos and the quality :peace: But like I've been saying the rotary is really nothing to fear, it's easy...give it a go, you'll love it.

10. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

Thank you for taking the time to post these. Most videos I see with the rotary are on the horizontal panels, it is nice to see one with the vertical panels.

I am sure a rotary is in the not too distant future for me, and watching someone do it makes it much less intimidating.

11. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you for the feed back bigpoppa and I'm glad you enjoyed the videos :peace:

12. Petrucci_M3

Petrucci_M3 Jedi Nuba

Just watched both of them and I'm very thankful you put so much time into making these. I've seen tons of videos trying to explain how to use a rotary and you my friend did the very best doing so. Thanks again for doing this for us rotary noobs. I can't wait to use my new FLEX. Just received it today along with a 3M backing plate.

One question.

How would you go about polishing the door handles. Would you use a smaller backing plate? I know that around that area on some cars there is a chance that the paint is pretty thin.

Thanks again.

:applause::applause::applause:

13. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you for the feed back Petrucci very mucha ppreciated and glad to hear you enjoyed the videos.

As to your question about the door hadles, it really depends on the foam pad your using but yet I usually use a 4inch backing plate with a smaller foam pad but with the 3M UK foam pads (6inches) I've used those on the door handles...oh but this is only for the Black and Blue foam pads not the Orange (compounding pad) the orange pad is to firm to do the door hanles..any who yes a smaller backing plate works perfect but depending on the firmness of the foam pad you can polish the door handles with the same foam pad as the rest of the vehicle.

Oh and yes, the paint is thin on the door handles so just lower your RPM and move the pad a bit faster then on paint thats what I do.

I hope this helps :peace:

14. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

Excellent videos! Thanks for posting these, they helped me to understand the rotary more. Mine will be here Wednesday, so I need to learn all I can for next weekends detail!

15. Nica

Nica Banned

Glad you found the videos useful, hope you didn't mind the download. I'm trying to add more videos, they will be up in a few weeks.

16. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Liked watching the videos, I dont have a rotary but it I think has helped me use the PC a little better and seeing how long to work the polish i realized I was not working it long at all thus I was getting some hazing. Cant wait for the new videos!

17. Nica

Nica Banned

I've been accumulating a few videos I've done over the few months and I'm now editing them/putting them together. I'm a big fan of high quality, so I'm trying to sort that out as well so the downloads aren't so long.

18. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

I made a sandwich and they were both downloaded, I'm in Seattle..lol..we are internet. Now I am all itching to use my rotary..lol.

19. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Maybe upload them on to youtube as HD videos? I dont know if you want to keep the videos private for forum only but that could be a option.

20. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea, I've been doing some reading on HD quality videos on youtube but in the past I had problems doing so. Paul Dalton was kind enough to provide me with some information to help me out on uploading HD Quality on youtube. I still prefer to keep the videos exclusively to the forum so not sure how I'll end up loading the videos but they will be loaded in due time.