Polishing a motorcycle?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by sal329, Jun 26, 2009.

  1. sal329

    sal329 Nuba Guru

    Any advise on detailing a bike? Can I use a PC and 4" pads to polish or just polish by hand?

    Here is the bike, well when it was clean lol
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Reflect

    Reflect DB Forum Supporter

    I'd imagine you'll need to polish by hand in some parts because of space issues but I'd use a PC as well to get the bulk of it. Nice looking bike! I'd tape the seat off as well, never know what polish residue could do to it. Maybe a trash bag taped and taped around the seat.
     
  3. flash gordon

    flash gordon Banned

    I always Hand Polish Bikes, its not like they have been thru the Swirl-o-Matic.

    Most Seats can be removed easily, ask the Owner if he is familiar with removing the seat.

    Dang Sal, I thought you moved to go to work at a Stealership...Looks like your getting alot of response for Details in your new City.
     
  4. richy

    richy Guest

    Sal..I've been doing my own motorcycle for years and years. When I look at that one, my concern for you would be the flames...I'm assuming they're painted on..check that..if they are decals (which I doubt) then you'd have to be extremely careful with that. If not, then proceed exactly like you would an area you have to do by hand whether it is door handles or whatever. Use the least aggressive polish to do the trick. Bikes are usually babied so you should not have to do a lot of correction I would assume. Make the chrome jump, try to jewel the paint and give it a couple of coats of wax and you'll be good to go. Pay attention to the recent post about tires..nothing on them or the seat. Chrome and paint...concentrate on that and you'll be golden.
     
  5. sal329

    sal329 Nuba Guru

    Thanks guys, the owner said the bike is pretty bad. I will find out tomorrow.
    Flash I missed out on 3 details due to rain in Charlotte before I left. I never heard back from the dealer until Tues when he said he was waitin on NJ to get back to HR with my background check. I have posted a few adds on CL and handed out a few business cards. I had this call today to do the bike and Silverado with headlight restore. Then 40 minutes later another call this one from the dealer I start monday am. This detail comes in perfect time bc rent is due Wed and well lets say things have been tight. All I can say is truely thank God bc I know He has been helping me out tremendously (please not looking for a religious debate, this is how I feel and I am not forcing this upon anyone).
     
  6. sal329

    sal329 Nuba Guru

Share This Page