Polishing a 2006 BMW 530i with Liquid Glass

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by ps3king, Mar 20, 2010.

1. ps3king

ps3king Jedi Nuba

Hello fellas,

So a friend of mine wants me to go to town on his car and remove the swirls he has. He drives a 2006 BMW 530i which has been kept in pretty good condition. It is covered in swirls and to add another variable to that he has a fresh coating of Liquid Glass on it.

He called me and filled me in so before taking on this job I wanna know if there's anything I should "prepare for".

Currently I do not have a PTG (although one should be on its way shortly) but the car being an 06 and pretty well maintained.

Here's what I plan to do:

CG CWC heavy cut in a foam gun
    Megs Gold Class shampoo and 2BM
    Riccardo Yellow Clay
    Flex 3403 VRG and the Menzerna Line up. (Menz 85rd, Power Finish, Power Gloss)
    DG 105 sealent
    CG 5050 as LSP

So here's how I plan on polishing (if one step doesn't remove scratches see below, the arrow on the side means followed by).

Green pad and Menz 85rd
    Orange pad and menz 85rd
    Green Pad and Menz Power Finish -> Black Pad and Menz 85rd
    Orange Pad and Menz Power Finish -> Green Pad and Menz 85rd
    Orange Pad and Power Gloss ->Green Pad and Power Finish ->Black pad and 85rd

Your advice will be great, this will be the first car I do after practicing on a hood for some time now.

Thanks,

2. richy

richy Guest

I see nobody else has chimed in so I'll see if I can help you. Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with LG. So, use some strong stripping shampoo and maybe something like TAW or Zep Citrus sprayed on first to strip the LG (I'm assuming it's an LSP). Your options below seem fine although you will just have to play with pad/polish combos to see what works for you. Take pics and let us know.

3. ps3king

ps3king Jedi Nuba

THanks Richy. I'm doing the wash and claying today will let you know how it goes. and yes I will take tons of pics. :)

P.S - I received the Gaia and used it and it is amazing!! will write a thread on it once I have some time on my hands. I took some before and afters of my salt infested carpets.

Thanks,

Waseem

4. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Liquid GlassĀ® Polish/Finish

I think this is what he applied to the car. Sounds like a sealant to me. Richy's suggestions should be good enough to strip it off.