Poliseal advice?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by GDAL, Jun 24, 2010.

  1. GDAL

    GDAL Guest

    I'm thinking about just polishing my wife's SUV with poliseal this weekend. It was detailed last November and it is still in decent shape for a daily driver.

    Any advice regarding poliseal? I have never used it before and I'm planning on using it with my PC and either a uber green or uber blue pad (soft toyota paint).

    TIA,
    G
     
  2. supercharged

    supercharged DB Forum Supporter

    are you planning to top it off with LSP? Perhaprs Opti-Seal?
     
  3. GDAL

    GDAL Guest

    Yeah ... still debating which LSP to use, but I will definitively lay down a coat or two after using poliseal.

    I would like advice regarding its application.
     
  4. Emile

    Emile Welcome to Detailing

    It works like a regular polish but with a much shorter working time. You can't just spread it around with your PC and let it haze over or you will just get buffer trails all over the paint. You have to work it in 2x2 sections until it mostly disappears. It won't completely disappear but most of it will.
     
  5. sal329

    sal329 Nuba Guru

    I used it once I did not get any real cut from it like I do Meg D151 but it cleaned the paint nicely and left a good look, I topped with 2 coats optiseal for a great look
     
  6. GDAL

    GDAL Guest

    I'm not expecting a full correction. I hope that it can remove some light wash-induced and sonus green clay marring on soft-medium hardness clear.
     
  7. billyblooshoes

    billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

    how much marring is in the paint gianni? have you considered maybe just doing a one step with 85RD and a blue pad? i had some light marring while at the meet at ev's house last year and we just hit up my car with 85RD and a blue pad and it cleared everything up really well.
     
  8. sal329

    sal329 Nuba Guru

    I used it only once so far on a car I did not want to detail was kinda made to at work (where I am not a detailer). I tried to see if it would correct the swirls on washed induced marring but itdid not. I did use it to clean up the polish residue from M205. That was a big time saver polishes then used poliseal to clean (Optimum claims it can be used to clean up their polish why not others). I used it on a burgundy 2010 altima and love the look just not the correction
     
  9. GDAL

    GDAL Guest

    I think 85rd with a blue pad would do just fine. I'm getting really comfortable with my PC so I was thinking about using 106fa with a blue pad to increase the cut, but still finish nice.

    Hopefully it won't take me that long to correct. It's actually holding up really good. The roof is another story, but I want to hit that with M105 later on.
     
  10. supercharged

    supercharged DB Forum Supporter

    Poli-Seal is pad dependant, but don't expect a lot of correction...Use it like you would use a polish/AIO...
     
  11. trhland

    trhland Nuba Guru

    im glad i added poli seal to my collection. its great for polishing paint that is in good shape. the gloss it gives is great!!! i like this better then xmt360...
     
  12. PDJ3.2

    PDJ3.2 Birth of a Detailer

    I used Poli-Seal on a black Acura MDX. While there were some swirls and what appeared to be etched-in water spots remaining, it did remove the hazed look of the paint and revealed the blue flake in the paint. It also took out some light scuffs on the doors
     
  13. PDJ3.2

    PDJ3.2 Birth of a Detailer

    Oh yea, I used it with a Flex DA and white LC pads
     
  14. Chris@Optimum

    Chris@Optimum DB Certified Manufacturer

    It's more of a cleaner than a polish, but it does leave a little something behind. You can use it with anything from a medium cutting pad to a finishing pad for light correction. You will get the pad gummed up if you use too much...and you WILL think you are not using enough because it practically disappears into the paint. trust the product, use a couple pea sized dabs per panel after priming and enjoy the results! OCW is great to buff off any residue you have left.
     
  15. Rickrack

    Rickrack DB Pro Supporter

    Since you said that you're planning laying down an additional coat of sealant anyways, I would use Power Finish on an orange pad via orbital, which should get you some pretty decent correction and finish off perfect on Toyota paint. After you're done polishing, apply whatever sealant you desire.
     
  16. yakky

    yakky Two Bucket System Washer

    Exactly! I can't understand why everyone is hell bent on topping AIOs. Either do the AIO and call it a day or use a dedicated one step polish and top. Poliseal is no slouch in the durability dept as far as beading goes, but the looks do drop off fast. Its a fantastic paint cleaner and can do some pretty mild correction.
     

Share This Page