Poli-Seal seperation

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by termigator, Feb 27, 2011.

1. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Speaking of which, my Opti-Bond is separating even when using distilled water. Can anyone help me? From what I see theres not really an issue applying, but I thought this wouldn't happen as its made to be diluted.

2. builthatch

builthatch Virgin Detailer

1:1 i assume? it happens, though not as much with distilled water vs. tap water, according to what i've heard. i wouldn't worry about it considering the gel nature - not surprised it separates. just shake her up a little before use.

3. Chris@Optimum

Chris@Optimum DB Certified Manufacturer

Theres nothin wrong with separation just shake before use. Lots of stuff is this way.

Sent from my ViP4 viaTapatalk

4. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Sounds like someone needs to make a drill attachment so we can mix this products a little more aggressively. Something with a straight shaft with fingers that move in a 180 degree movement so you can get it in and out of the lid and not too wide so it can spin around inside normal 32oz bottles.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

5. Chris@Optimum

Chris@Optimum DB Certified Manufacturer

Nothing that elaborate…how about small plastic balls like in spray paint cans?

Sent from my ViP4 viaTapatalk

6. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Yeah, and a step further would be to make them like the wisk balls inside protien cup shakers. Good idea chris!!

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

7. Derek37

Derek37 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Yeah the plastic balls (or something compatible friendly) is a really goods idea. My PS is 8 months old, used 3 times. no problems yet. It sat approx. 4 months with no shaking and I just transfered it to an 8oz squeeze bottle, with a cap. Everything seems fine so far.