PO85RD vs 106FA

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by yiyiyi204, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I'm curious but what would be acceptable for a one-step polish with the Menzerna line? Can you use Power Finish as a one-stepper or would 106FA be more fitting? I'm being pretty general so I guess it could be situational.

2. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Can't wait for my Power Finish to come in along with the green pads from PAC :applause:

3. PhoTuGo

PhoTuGo Jedi Nuba

Would WMF w/ black = jeweling, actually i don't really get jeweling what is it? more gloss?

4. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

thanks man. i love that thing.

5. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

i would think 106FA would be fitting as a one-stepper as far as menz goes, although i have never tried the power finish.

6. bgray

bgray Birth of a Detailer

Does Power Finish really work as good as SIP, or very close?? I dont wan to scrafice any correction, but if i could save a step...then by all means i will..

7. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Power Finish is as close to a one step as you can get as far as the Menz line is concerned. It does cut very close to SIP and definitely finishes down good enough to go to your LSP if you use a Green or White pad. I'll be posting an Infiniti I recently did that was pretty bad and all I used was Power Finish and an assortment of pads, from the Menz compounding pad down to LC Green CCS. 106FA doesn't have near the correcting ability of Power Finish.

8. 911Fanatic

Sorry, but what is WMF? You're right. Jewelling is just getting more gloss out of the paint using a pad and polish that have very little to no mechanical action, meaning very little cut.

9. PhoTuGo

PhoTuGo Jedi Nuba

WMF = CG Wet Mirror Finish

10. 911Fanatic

I've been meaning to try it but haven't as of yet. Maybe someone else could chime in on this.

11. TexasTB

TexasTB Obsessive Detailer

I agree. I tried them side by side last night on my van (SIP and PF), and PF finished down very nicely and ready for LSP. IMO, SIP has a little more bite, not much, but PF leaves a better shine. Both will have a place in my detailing arsenal.

12. bgray

bgray Birth of a Detailer

Hmm...Powerfinish then finish with 85rd would save me alot fo steps for a car that doesnt nessesarly need all the cutting power of IP or SIP..

13. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

It sure will, I just don't get how some do not follow up powerfinish with a finishing polish and pad.

14. Denzil

Denzil Guest

So I guess you can really only one-step with 106FA/PO87MC/PO85RD then?

15. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

If that is all it needs, just like a clean up type polishing if it has been well kept. Otherwise I always follow up with a finishing polish.

16. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Ah ok, thanks. I was thinking of situations in which clients are too cheap for a two-step or multi-step and just want a one-step. :shead:

17. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

If the vehicle needs a two or three step, that is what they are getting, if they do not want that then I won't do it. If you explain the purpose or do a little show and tell of the 2 or 3 step I have found 99% of the time they are sold.

18. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Ah, I see... I haven't run into the cheap-client situation... yet. :giggle:

19. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Neither have I, you are slow on your posts tonight-lol

20. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Yeah, I'm actually working on school projects while I'm online, hehe. Sorry to keep you waiting! :p: