pH Neutral (or all wheel safe) Wheel Cleaners

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Reflect, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I want to make it clear to Kyle that I'm down for a full 6 liters on my own.

2. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Gotcha.

3. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I would be down for a bottle depending on what price it comes out to be. But 95% sure I would be down for a bottle.

4. Reflect

I'm going to try and get the price around the ballpark of $110 shipped for two cases (12 bottles). I'd suggest doing the 2 case route to keep costs down a bit, and someone can take over the list to ship out to others. You can ship out USPS for super cheap, and probably still wind up saving 30% or so on the original price of the product. The way I see it is, you pay around $20 bucks per bottle plus shipping anywhere else. I think, considering our overseas situation, this is a pretty damn good deal.

5. Emile

Hey Kyle, I just spoke with Tom over the phone. In case he didn't tell you, the case pricing is a reseller pricing and you can only do it once. He said he's looking into bringing the 5L cotainers to the US but nothing is definite yet.

6. Reflect

Another seller contacted me as well. We'll have to figure it out after I talk to Jason.

7. Emile

Kyle, your PMs are full I can't respond to your message.

8. dood786

dood786 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Coming from the same country as Carn, i also chose to try out the sonax and i was amazed with its results, if you guys can get it, you will be absolutely amazed at it. one 500ml bottle(16.9oz) costs under $10 and it lasted me about 6 sets of mags - 4 full details and a few fitted washes and amazing results every time

9. Reflect

Cleared PMs.

10. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

Ok I think I am down for a full case 6L or 12 bottles whatever it is the one that is around $100. I think I will be able to split it with a few local friends. So put me in for one of those. Hopefully it brings costs down as we get more and more people on this "group buy."

11. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Hey Kyle. The only thing AG CWC is not safe on is uncoated anodized wheels which in reality, anything other than water will potentially stain. Why would you want to let a wheel cleaner sit for a few hours? After countless tests with more wheel cleaners than I can remember, typically if it doesn't remove it within 5-10 minutes, it probably isn't coming off without a stronger cleaner.

Who is Tom and where can I reach him?

12. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Glad to hear you guys are making great progress on this matter. :)

13. Reflect

We actually just got set back a bit. The math got screwed up somewhere along the line (not my fault!) and the actual price is much more expensive, around 150 bucks for 6 liters. Blah! Something always gets screwed up. Such is life.

14. Reflect

The real question is, why the hell do they make anodized wheels!? It looks like our little project took a turn for the worse due to pricing. I might pick up just a bottle of it for the hell of it to try. I still have a bit of CWC left.

15. Reflect

It's looking like we're going to have to wait for the 5 liter jugs to come in.

16. Emile

Yes, I got quoted the same as Kyle. $72 for 3 liters, no clue if that includes shipping. Kyle, I guess you are not going to go through with it?

Let me find out the shipping price and I will more formally offer it with details to whoever wants in on the deal as I think I am going to go through with it.

17. Emile

PM sent.

18. Reflect

I might just order a bottle or two to try it.

19. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

+1 if you could tell me where I would like to do this also. :)

20. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Nuba

I thought P21s or the Autoglym would be the better choice.