Permanon?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Kilo6_one, Sep 19, 2011.

1. richguy66

richguy66 DB Forum Supporter

I wonder if you can do this combo: CQ>AQ>Permanon.

2. Prism

Prism Birth of a Detailer

It is recommended the panel is clear from any products, so an IPA wipedown would be best to remove any previous silicons/compound oils/waxes/sealents etc....otherwise the Permanon will bond to that and not last the expected duration.

3. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Darn I got duped :dupe: into another product again.

4. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

You can as long as the base is more durable than permanon. That combo could work. Becasue its based on static, not chemical bonding, you could use it as a durable dopper. I have used a glaze on top of it once for a show car, the durability will be there and the glaze helped fill in some of the light marring

5. greased

greased Any Rag Vehicle Washer

How many of these type of LSP's will come out in the next few years? It sounds like a great product, but its not moving the yardstick. Im looking forward to seeing what will be on the market in a couple years.

6. richguy66

That's where my train of thought was going as well. CQ actually bonds with the paint and AQ creates a layer doesn't doesn't seem to "bond" to the paint (by this I mean you can actually peel AQ off), Permanon binds statically.

Who isn't? Lol. In all honesty Permanon is great for both people who detail professionally and casually (that's me). The prep and polish stages are a killer for me and when I finally get to the LSP, I'm dead tired. If I can cut down the physical work as much as possible, I'm all for it.

7. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I want to see the Adams product that is supposed to be a coating, but comes in an aresol can...

8. richguy66

Ooo sounds like another lazy man's product. Got any details on that?

9. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Dylan is keeping it real hush hush, but I was under the impression it was purely just a sealant and not another coating.

10. Kilo6_one

yeah, he was testing it out on his brothers truck last I heard

11. richy

richy Guest

Guys, you have pretty much nailed all the points to it. Kilo...the positive polarity aspect of it will help repel the agricultural dirt. If you watch that video (the first part I believe), he talks about using it on a piece of farm equipment and how the dust blew right off as it drove away. You gotta love how technology is changing our field!!! Woooohooooo!!!!!!!!

12. Kilo6_one

yeah, I totally agree........ where will the products be in the next two years, its amazing.

Well ill try out the sample when I get it and see what happens.

13. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

I thought a vinegar wipedown was better than an IPA wipedown before applying Permanon.

14. Kilo6_one

what about if I wash the car with Dawn? And no IPA wipe down?

15. Mycroft

Mycroft Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Whatever product you use the clean the surface, it can't leave any kind of residue behind. If it does, then Permanon will stick to the residue rather than the surface.

16. Kilo6_one

have you used it?

17. Mycroft

Mycroft Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I've used it, but I haven't had time to do much testing. Plus I'm waiting for the gallon of Extreme Simple Green that I ordered from Amazon to arrive.

I applied it to my wheels, but brake dust is still showing up. I don't know if there was residue from the wheel cleaner and Permanon didn't stick to the wheel or if the brake dust will still cling to Permanon, but just be easier to wipe off similar to other wheel protectants. It's a heck of a lot easier to apply than other sealants!

18. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

I just placed an order. I'm seriously thinking Wolf's Body Wrap topped with Permanon as my Winter LSP protection.

19. Kilo6_one

im just gonna take the bus...... LOL and leave the car in the garage

20. TroyScherer

TroyScherer DB Forum Supporter

When mixed at the 5% ratio as recommended how much solution does it take to cover a standard sedan. (Paint, Glass, Wheels, Wheel wells, Door Jambs) I am trying to find out how many application you can get our of a bottle.