Permanon?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Kilo6_one, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I have been hearing all the buzz about Permanon, and checked out thier site. It has peaked my intrests.

Pros? Cons? Durablity? Is like Aquartz when it comes to marring resistance?

If you have used it, please discuss your thoughts.

2. IOMCAMARO

IOMCAMARO DB Forum Supporter

Richy should be able to chime in here soon. He loves this stuff. He even set up a group buy for 25% off on another forum.

3. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

Richy knows more than I do, but I purchased some, and it definitely is easy to use (spray on and either blow or wipe off).

In some areas, I used p21s paint cleaner before application, and it really does seem to help keep bug splatter and dust from sticking.

This is one product that I'll actually see the bottom of the bottle.

4. Prism

Prism Birth of a Detailer

It is the same as G-tehniq C2, it is a very easy product with immediate curing times, using water as the carrier so can be applied in all weather conditions. Im currenly in the process of becoming authorised by the UK guys right now. I have tried their product and love it. Take about 3 mins to apply to a car....here is a video which i made demonstrating the water behaviour

PRM1-1 Test - YouTube

the durability is about 6 months but there is a platinum, which is available in the US and not in the UK as yet which offerin more durability.

5. Mycroft

Mycroft Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Prism, I may be wrong, but my understanding is that Platinum is merely a more condensed version of the product. It's not a different formulation. So you can get the same benefit by not diluting current products as much.

6. Prism

The temperature resistances are different as is the UV protection and was told it will exceed the standard car version, I am having Platinum coming to me as present as i have only used the "Car" version to date....So should allow a decent comparrisson

7. Kilo6_one

how would you rate the appearance of the product? does it bead up or is more a sheeting product?

8. richguy66

richguy66 DB Forum Supporter

Did I peak your interest on this one Karl? Lol. I bought the 500ml Platinum but I haven't got a chance to use it. I've wondered if it had any scratch resistance but I couldn't find any info about that. If you'd like, I can part with a small sample ($ of course ;))

9. Prism

It does bead, but not as tight as the waxes i use so more a sheeting and self cleaning product.

10. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

very simple to use and I did see 6 months durability in the product when I used C2 on customers cars over the winter last year. All my customers have been very happy with it so far, I normally do the glass and wheels as well. it does have nice uniform beading on everything. Not sure about the marring resistance, but it does stand up to chemicals quite well and bug guts come off very easily

11. Mycroft

Mycroft Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I can see Permanon making it easier to wash off stuff like bugs and dirt, but it's such a thin coating (my brain can't even imagine how thin it is) that it can't possibly provide any protection against marring.

12. Kilo6_one

Yeah, you and Rob LOL.... the resistance to heat is a big plus for me.

13. Kilo6_one

that is a big plus, we have a lot of agriculture dust, and i'm in a lot when I' m at my parents. Its gross, and that is what I loved about Cquartz, it rinses off clean.

14. rfinkle2

Karl,

Lemme send you a sample, and you can decide if you like it enough to buy it.

I'm pming you now.

15. Kilo6_one

thanks rob....

16. rfinkle2

Of course!

17. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Karl check out these videos I also am interested in it to top over Wolfs Body Wrap since Richy has it topped over Cquartz on his Lincoln. The chemistry involved in it is very interesting. I was talking to him about the product and it is very interesting and he has always only told me about the some of the best product in my arsenal so I have no reason not to believe that it will not perform as stated. I might get in on the group buy for 500 ml of Permanon Platinum over at L2D since its until the end of this month. But I am still not sure yet since I have some personal things that came up in my life where I actually might have to sell of parts of my detailing supplies and tools but thats another subject. I like that distilled water is the carrier and that everything can be coated in a few minutes with a simple pressurized sprayer then I can blow off the water with my Metro Masterblaster after the bonding has taken affect. Also one 500 ml bottle will cover several vehicles I believe 20 or more which is great.

[video=youtube;BPXUnM_mhx4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPXUnM_mhx4[/video]

[video=youtube;Teyej_Ajb98]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Teyej_Ajb98&feature=related[/video]

18. Kilo6_one

yeah, I loved how he did the car with a paint sprayer..........lol

19. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Yeah its pretty cool I have a compressor and a paint gun but I think I would just use a Solo sprayer to get the job done. I wouldnt want anything that I already used in the gun to possibly affect Permanon if I get it. Oh here is the link to the GB that Richy set up on L2D it saves you 25% which is great.

Permanon L2D Group Buy Thread - Live2Detail

20. Kilo6_one

thanks.......