Permanon coming - maybe maybe not?

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Bring it !!!! I have heard nothing but great things about it.

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

you can apply this over a coating like Aquartz, Wolf's, Opti Coat per Permanon, but its not advisable to use Permanon over carnauba waxes

3. richy

richy Guest

Permanon bonds to whatever it's sprayed on, including dirt!! It works very well as a topper to coatings 'cause they last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

been using it for awhile now. durability is still excellent. oregon winter coming up will show any weakness but none so far. love the stuff and would certainly buy it from dd

5. MelF1fan

MelF1fan Birth of a Detailer

I'd like to see you carry this

6. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Russ @ Reflectology says this

"Who has spoken about it being fine to be applied over other products, it is advisable not to do this as it doesnt form a chemical bond but an electrostatic one....there are 2 surfaces involved one having a positive charge and the other a negative, should anything come between them then it will affect the way that Permanon works...."

Also you get max durability when applying it neat, basically apply it like C2. Cotton Make Up pad, squirt Permanon straight into it and apply it all over the panel...then follow up monthly with 5% dilutions top ups

"There are a few chaps over here that are having issues with Platinum (Aircraft) streaking or being greasy....main thing is the applicator type...I used a lint free make up pad for application as it doesnt hold the excess water that will inevitably dry on the panel when applying neat Permanon, especially in warmer weather....once it gets loaded with water to an excessive level then it will be bucketed...."

7. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Interesting that Russell pointed that out. I wonder why he is applying it that way and not with a pressurized sprayer.

Phil any idea if you will get Permanon Platinum in the liter and 500ml's and Permanon Glass Supershine for the interior and glass surfaces like in the second video? I missed out on the group buy on L2D and have been wanting to try it over Bodywrap. I am hoping it will help repel dust better and further add to the easy of cleaning. Posted the vids up for those who haven't seen them yet hope you don't mind Phil:)

[video=youtube;BPXUnM_mhx4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPXUnM_mhx4[/video]

[video=youtube;Teyej_Ajb98]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Teyej_Ajb98&feature=related[/video]

8. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Any word if your going to pick up Permanon Platinum soon? I would like to try it out as a topper for Bodywrap mainly for dust repellence.

9. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Question?? Bump:shead:

10. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

been trying to catch up with work at the shop. we are working on it.

11. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

This stuff is like CrystalGuard all over again. Thanks but no thanks.

12. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

What's CrystalGuard?

13. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

I don't know what Crystal Guard is but I love my Permanon. It has a permanent place on my shelf.