Perfect Sponge?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by gio, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

I love my sea sponge. I cant imagine anything softer to use on paint.

2. Nica

Nica Banned

The Sea Sponge is much, much better then the Zymol sponge. I still like the Zymol sponge but I very much prefer the Sea Sponge. The Sea Sponge has a better feel to it and it picks up much more water then the Zymol sponge, which surprised me. Now in my opinion, the sea sponge releases what ever it picks up from the surface of the vehicle...but others feel that the Sea sponge has a greater chance of debris getting stuck within it..but for me I've had great success with the Sea Sponge. They aren't cheap but will out last the Zymol sponge and I personally prefer the feel of it...but like I said I enjoy using both, it's just that for the past few months I've been using the Sea Sponge more and more.

Just my :2cents:

3. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

A high quality plush microfiber towel.

4. gleammachine

gleammachine Virgin Detailer

I would imagine a towel to be hard work and heavy, never tried it myself but you must have arms like popeye.

Zym@l sponge for me.

5. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

Well I decided that I'm going to leave the polisher off my order list for now as I don't want to drain my bank account. So that leaves me more money to spend on wash supplies. When you wash, do you use one or two sea sponges? And do you use the one off of Autogeek?

6. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I got a couple off Autogeek and let me tell you they last. It probably wont' outlast Shmitt, which might last up to 200 washes, but this sea sponge should serve you at least 100 car washes, on the car you pamper. It you use it for business, I'd get Shmitt.

7. heatgain

heatgain Guest

I don't know where you are, Gio, but at Advance Auto they're closing out what they call the "Wonder Sponge." I've bought that sponge before under a different name at some closeout place, and it's by far the best, softest sponge I've ever used. It's on sale for .25.
    I have the grout sponge Proline from Lowe's, which is not a bad sponge, but this Wonder Sponge is far softer, with much larger pores. It's imported from Greece.
    It's slightly bone shaped, so it's easy to hold. And for .25, you can't go wrong.

8. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I just got done using one of these for the first time myself - I like it a lot.

At .25/ea., I bought eight of them!

9. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I have been using the "Uber" sponge from DD and like it a lot.

10. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

that's what I use and love it!!!