Perfect Finish 4/6

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Rcrew, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

Is Esoteric the only place I can get this product in the states?

2. Upper Class Detailing

Upper Class Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Seems like it.

3. SoCal Garage

SoCal Garage DB Forum Supporter

Have you contacted Phil to learn whether he can order it for you as he sells Sonax?

4. Fenderpicks

Fenderpicks Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Man... i didnt know the existence of PF, and i bought the NP....
    Im really curious which one of these performs better... Because last time i used NP it caked up my pads....
    And since PF has the same rating of gloss and higher cutting than NP.... I just might need to get a bottle of PF -_-

5. MelF1fan

MelF1fan Birth of a Detailer

PF will cake up your pads also. Use more pads or clean them more often after every panel or so.

Since it has a little more cut than NP, it may be better as a one step so that may swing your decision. NP does fine job as well.

PF is more like a paste and NP more liquid or lotion like.

6. Fenderpicks

oh i see.....
    I tried cleaning the pad after each panel using a towel and rub it on the pad with the machine on....
    it didnt leave any white residue on my towel at all. So idk if it is even helping at all....

7. MelF1fan

What kind of pad are you using?

Open cell foam? I think these would be more susceptible to loading or caking up as the pores absorb the compound and stay inside the pad.

8. Fenderpicks

I was using LC tangerine hydrotech pad 5"
    Im looking for some new pads to use actually.... but just dont know which kind

9. MelF1fan

Unfortunately the best way is to have multiple pads available and then worry about cleaning them all afterwards.

I like the Uber pads / buff n shine the best. Yellow and Green specifically

10. Fenderpicks

Well i dont mind cleaning them, but it didnt seem like all the product came out from the pad.
    I take pretty good care of my cars... so im mainly looking for product/pad that is a 1step polish with enough cuts and still finish out LSP/Coating ready....
    Do u think the Uber Green can do that?

11. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

MelF1fan is right on the money! I have used both products and I like them a lot. I only use 2-3 drops per 2x2 area and use an MF to clean the pad after doing an area. IMO, pad brushes are worthless when using these two Sonax polishes.

Fenderpicks ... what kind of vehicle do you own? PF or NP work great on soft/soft-medium paints. They don't have a problem removing light clay marring from harder paints, but I would use something stronger as a 1 step for harder paints. FG400 or PF2500 might be better for rock hard clears.

12. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

So for those of you that have used PF, where did you purchase it?

13. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

No I haven't...will shoot him an email

14. Fenderpicks

I own a 2011 WRX and a 2004 Ford Ranger
    im trying to find something that's high gloss and good cut for versatility

15. MelF1fan

I also use HD Polish which offers pretty good cut and very high gloss and is ever so slightly better as far as pad caking, but you can only get it direct from HD/3D - You should still take care to clean the pads still.

Yes, Uber Green is my favorite foam pad. Great for one steps. And GDAL is right with Menzerna FG400 / PF2500 as well.

16. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

I have a whole bottle.

17. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

LOL, right under my nose the whole time! We really need to meet up so I can pick up some of this and those other samples we spoke about!

As an update to this thread, I did contact Phil and he relayed that this product will be in by Q 2-3 this year. He is bringing in the quarts.

18. Envious Eric

Envious Eric Any Rag Vehicle Washer

just buy from Todd right now! Its awesome stuff! i use it more and more now!

FG > PF > 22PLE = awesome

19. Fenderpicks

Man from Esoteric is $60 for a bottle another $12 for shipping....
    Thats hella pricey

20. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

You don't use much per car and add in the time savings and finish capability it ends up a good deal. Per car cost is generally cheap once you figure out what you use per car.

sent using my thumbs, mispelling most words