Paul Dalton's Crystal Rock State of the Art Wax

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by detailersdomain, Jun 12, 2008.

1. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

does it come in any case at all? plastic cube? or just the plain black tub?

2. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

At that price, it should come with a happy ending!!!

3. Macmini

Macmini Any Rag Vehicle Washer

plain black tub including a nice certificate signed by paul :)

4. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

So is this an extremely hard wax like Divine?

5. Macmini

i'd say its as hard as divine but easier to work with!
    will be detailing a black bmw x3 tomorrow afternoon and use crystal rock as the lsp. will be able to tell u more then....

6. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

cool looking forward to the write up :thumb:

7. Nica

Nica Banned

Make that 2, looking forward to the detail and your opinion on Crystal Rock :thumb:

8. Macmini

i just took my own car for a spin (an old e36 bmw with close to 120.000 miles on the clock :) ), washed it properly, applied cleaner fluid and then crystal rock onto half of the bonnet. my initial experience of this wax is, that its A LOT easier to apply, almost as smooth and "creamy" as zymöl destiny for example and that its very very easy to buff off!
    went shopping afterwards, during that time it started to rain and what can i say....the beading is WICKED!!!! although i havent clayed the car/bonnet before the beads are very very tight and water just runs off the hood at about 20mp/h and its completely dry!

i am very curious to see what further happens tomorrow, when i wash, properly clay+polish and cleanser wax the BMW before i apply the wax!

i'll keep u posted...

mac

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice, thank you for that update there Macmini...but..um...where are the pictures :whistle:

10. Macmini

somehow my last post got lost in the nirvana :)
    i didnt have my cam with me but will take some pix 2morrow ;)

11. Nica

Nica Banned

Oops sorry Macmini, I saw you double posted so I deleted one and wile I deleted one you must have been deleting the other lol..but it's back up :thumb:

Look forward to the pictures :waiting: :waiting:

12. Macmini

cheers for that :)

13. Macmini

when saying "a lot easier to apply" i mean easier to apply than divine for instance

14. Macmini

hi,
    just thought i post some "in betweens" ;)

This shows how easy to buff off CR is! Initial thoughts were that its as easy as buffing off Z-AIO !

YouTube - Crystal Rock

I really used CR ;)

YouTube - Crystal Rock

will upload a little beading video next...

mac

15. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

:yikes: WOW!!! that is amazing. Never seen a wax come off that easily. How much pressure are you putting on the towel...Looks almost like none.

16. Macmini

almost no pressure at all. as i said, its like i was buffing off z-aio where i've experienced the same :)

17. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

never use Z-aio, but man that does look easy. cant wait to see the beading video/picture

18. Macmini

19. Denzil

Denzil Guest

LoL, watching that last water bead fall down was awesome. Thanks for sharing Macmini, wish I could afford that stuff, haha.

20. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

WOW!!! that is mighty impressive..i can't wait to see this stuff in person!!! thx a lot for posting the video's..you just used a black swissvax applicator huh? nice stuff!!!

and Phil any word on when we are getting it? shouldn't take that long to send it across the pond!!!