Paint Oxidization (rust spots)

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by extracrunchie, Feb 20, 2010.

1. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

1. Chemical Paint Cleaners

Are designed to remove old wax, embedded dirt and light stains from paint; they help to restore gloss and remove light surface imperfections as they are made up of cleaning solvents and light polishing abrasives . They are designed to be used as often as required without measurably reducing paint thickness.
    Some paintwork cleaner’s act as 'All in One' products, so not only do they clean and polish, but also provide protection. Carlack 68, Finish Kare #215 and Zaino – AIO are examples

2. Chemical Cleaning and Acid Neutralization

Vehicle manufacturer studies have shown that failure to remove environmental contaminants (like imbedded rail dust, acid rain, industrial fallout and other environmental contaminants) from paint film can cause premature degradation of the paint system. While clay products are useful for overspray, they cannot deep clean the surface and pores of the paint. This can only be accomplished through a thorough chemical cleaning and acid neutralization.

The ValuGard Neutralization System is the most recognized and approved chemical neutralization system in the industry. Vehicle manufacturer studies have shown that failure to remove environmental contaminants from paint film can cause premature degradation of the paint system. While clay products are useful for overspray, they cannot deep clean the surface and pores of the paint. This can only be accomplished through a thorough chemical cleaning and acid neutralization.

In fact, major auto manufactures have issued technical service bulletins/advisories directing their dealers and port operations to use the ValuGard Decontamination System for required repairs and pre-treatment for acid rain and industrial fallout repairs, safe for both the user and the environment, its VOC compliant and uses no carcinogenic or toxic components.

2. raiderboy

raiderboy Two Bucket System Washer

These are two different processes. The all in one product is a silicone polymer with some abrasives which clean mechanically, and also additional solvents which clean chemically. It will clean the surface of the paint to some degree but it won't remove the imbedded particle which is causing the problem, so the rust bloom will reappear.

The fallout remover works by 'dissolving' the rust which forms around the imbedded metal particle, which is then removed as the vehicle is rinsed clean. This is a slightly simplistic explanation of how it works but hopefully you can see how the all in one product will temporarily cure the problem while the decon approach will give longer lasting results.

3. extracrunchie

extracrunchie Virgin Detailer

oh ok, cuz i emailed eshine.ca and asked if he had any decon products and he told me that klasse all in one would........

4. extracrunchie

so only mark V makes the fallout remover? Is there any brands where i can be instores in canada?

5. raiderboy

raiderboy Two Bucket System Washer

I'm not sure if you can buy something like this retail. I'm pretty sure if you give Mark-V a call they'll send you some, don't know how long it would take to get to canada tho. Good luck

6. extracrunchie

yup i did call them...........said it would cost $196 to ship 1 gallon of it to me(thats the smallest size they have now).........kinda steep......

7. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Nuba

Just call or e-mail Phil at detailers domain. He will take care off you.