Paint Gauge for Cheap?

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by adriankeith, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Hey Pat,

Does this work on ferrous and non ferrous metals?

2. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

I believe it does but I am not 100% certain.

3. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Ohh man.... anyway I can twist your arm to look at the manual when you get home??

4. Shuskan3

Shuskan3 Birth of a Detailer

Go to the link on the first page... They have it where you can download the manual.

5. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

I tried... the link wont work for me

6. TROJAN

TROJAN Virgin Detailer

I have this and compared it to the two other gauges i have and in microns was off by 2-4 everytime compared to the 600.00 an 1500.00 gauges i have just some imput cool to have around just remember give or take a few ha ha ha

7. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Great to hear your take TROJAN. It's nice to know there's a semi-decent PTG out there for less than $100. :headbang:

8. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

was it plus or minus 2-4 microns?

9. Nica

Nica Banned

I'm curious, what are the other two gauges you have?

10. budman3

budman3 Birth of a Detailer

Yes more info please Trojan. Was it a consistent amount or did it vary a lot? Say one gauge read 145 and the HF one read 147, did it always read 3 microns over? Also, I've heard it was very difficult to take a reading on the exact same spot, do you think that had to do with the variances?

11. TROJAN

TROJAN Virgin Detailer

I have the phase 2 ptg 3500 and a elcometer 456 with bluetooth and a etc8829 and two gloss meters

as for the 2-4 microns it varies up and down on different clear coats i have tried it on with this cheaper coating gauge but for the money you can go wrong

it is hard to get the same reading twice in same spot but i have done it a few times' to do the test i put in same spot everytime you just have to be slow and careful take time

i have a few goodies in my box:thumb:

12. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

which one are you refering to? the 2 gauges you have or the <$100 gauge?

13. TROJAN

TROJAN Virgin Detailer

Compared to my gauges this 100.00 gauge is not a bad deal since it was off only 2-4 microns' up and down depending on which gauge i compared it to :deadhorse:

I love these little smilies:applause2:

14. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

how do you know the micron levels as in how much clear coat is left.

15. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

Might have to get one soon. Looks promising........:drinking2:

16. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

thanks.. so you are saying you have all three gauges and compared them? can you show pics ?:mounty:

17. Nica

Nica Banned

Really two gloss meters huh...I'd love to see pictures of these meters, would you have any pictures to share TROJAN.

Any chance you could show us what you mean abou the gauges and the comparison, it would be great to see a comparison with pictures of them...well if you can and have the time that is.

18. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

19. TROJAN

TROJAN Virgin Detailer

Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys' i'm at a detail class to check out some new stuff products' try some new items' etc. etc. i'm there now until late tuesday it is in pa. so it is a long drive back me and my friend are there detailking.com it was cheap and we are bored so i wanted to see how they are so bare with me please we are testing on sunday when we do hands on in the shop so the other guys and girls can see they can get a good priced paint gauge that won't breakk the bank oh and sorry no pics' of the comparison and blk45 sorry i don't have one of those gauges will get links for you guys asap thanks

20. TROJAN

TROJAN Virgin Detailer

Well back and it was a great class 1st day alot of info. the 2nd day guys' where great but the class sucked they did not teach anything good only about thier products' which almost all sucked there was a few that where good but 99% crap the trainers' did not know much just what they where told again not much i had to show them how to do wet sanding scratch an chip repair an as for the product alot of it gave a great shine but the swirls' scratches' hazing it did nothing for it don't waste your money and time for detail king or bling bling detail king cause it was more like suck ass bs king total waste of time and money as for what you learn the 1st day i will teach you for free lol it was not that much you could learn it on forums..