Osama Bin Laden IS DEAD

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by dave_zok, May 1, 2011.

1. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

And I have to agree with that. In Quebec, we've seen our fair share of what muslims can pull off. But of course, they are not all bad people, but what the news is reflecting, is that they want to take over the world.

(i'm going to get killed for saying this) but I never really understood why we "need" reglions. It seems to have cause more harm than good.

2. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

It is often the "bad" ones that are usually using the media to put fear and anger into people they are trying to sell their message of hate -- sorta like Glenn Beck and Rush both avid believers in peace and harmony.

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

(i'm going to get killed for saying this) but I never really understood why we "need" reglions. It seems to have cause more harm than good.

Throughout history, more people have died in the name of religion than in all the world wars combined. Hmmmmm.........

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I am sure someone will be offended, but I feel Religion is a great thing, if kept to ones self. Religion can and does incite differences of opinions and if done constructively is good, but more time then others its used as a vehicle for hate and violence. Look at the westboro baptist church for one, they feel its ok to heckle funerals of dead soldiers and other people because "god tells them too". But again; not to lump everyone into on basket, its the loudest most obnoxious segments of society who seem to grab the medias eye.

I agree 100% with Ken.

But I always say, what ever gets you through the day, if its religion, then that is great more power to you, but when you use religion to hide behind, or use as a weapon then its wrong. when you have two people holding a bomb because "god told them too" who is right?

5. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Religion – it’s not the message that causes problems, both the Bible and the Koran teach a message of love and tolerance, but the way its interoperated; as some evil people try to make it mean what their agenda needs it to mean

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

First and foremost, thanks to everyone on this thread for keeping everything civil. It's OK to disagree on topics, as seeing opinions on the same topic from across the world gives us another perspective and helps us think about issues further and deeper.

Since I'm not an American, I cannot vote, which means politics is something I don't spend/waste any time on. Things might not be perfect in the US, but I'm afraid they aren't anywhere in the world. In the end, I have to focus on what I need to do to be as succesful as possible, and put food on the table and expensive waxes in my detailing cabinet. The rest (for me) is details.

I take everything I see on the news with a grain of salt, just like I take everything I read on the internet with a grain of salt. In the end, guess what? You'll never REALLY know the truth. Who REALLY was behind 9/11? Is Osama REALLY dead? But does it affect my daily life? No.

7. Kilo6_one

well said. ^^^

8. 911Fanatic

9. Kilo6_one

exactly........ maybe they will pull each others?

10. 911Fanatic

we're still talking about the pin, right?

11. Kilo6_one

yes....... yes, the pin. what are you referring too? LOL

12. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

Ken you are right about the Sharks :shakehead:, as for the religous aspect of the idealogy ......pick the point of view (Catholic, muslim, hindu, etc.....) devout people of faith and goodness cause no harm to ANYone, but certain leaders will always twist what the message is as it has nothing to do with God(However you may view who this entity is) and everything to do with control/power.

Take any person at a young age and teach them hate about any group of people and the results are predictable every time, and that includes anyone not just radical Islam where you see a young child innocent and happy and by the time that child is 10-12 years old it is a lost cause.

I was watching a show on National Geographic last year and it was following a group of yound soldiers in Iraq, of course it showed the mass confusion and uglyness of the what they were doing but a glimmer of people being people shone through as one soldier learned enough of the language to interact with the children and bring small toys and snacks when he could.

He also was pretty good at soccer, and would play with the kids and guess what, not only did the kids flock to him but the mothers of the kids then the hardened fathers as well as they saw a soldier who was being himself with no political agenda and the soldier was able to "Talk" with the people on another level, this allowed for great trust to be built and that region where they were had a big drop in bombings and other problems to the point the insurgents where losing the " Hearts & minds" of the locals as the reality of who Americans are as opposed to what they were told was clearly evident.

I wish people were different, unfortunately when have those that only function in life is to cause problems and the reason is "God" told him to do it............... well my thoughts are "God" does not need help in wiping whoever off the face of the earth know does he?, people have "Freewill" to do good or bad and shifting that accountability to somone or something is another wrong on top of the original wrong.

13. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

What I find interesting is that they had been following this lead for years and had the house under surveillance for some time and not some spur of the moment discovery and indecision on whether to attack.

Now, I know some are wondering what Pakistan knew but I believe US Intelligence probably knows a lot more than we are admitting. They know who has entered the place and probably have intercepted calls so if there was government collaboration I can see why we would withhold this so as not to make the situation even worse. They may be useful intelligence leads that can be milked more.

14. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

for what its worth, the compound did not have phone or internet service, for obvious reasons. the only people to travel in and out of the compound were the two couriers, one of whom was the key break in figuring out that UBL was there. also that is why it was said that the people in the compound burned their trash, so that no one would have to go out or come in to the compound unnecessarily.

i think the issue is not necessarily if the pakistanis were ACTIVELY aiding UBL, but whether they had knowledge of his presence there and chose to keep it quiet.

15. Road Trash

Road Trash Birth of a Detailer

There's no doubt they knew. They have helped us catch alot of terrorists..but decided to be neutral when it came to dealing with UBL.

Even if the Pakistanis knew were going to raid the compound I doubt they would have tried to stop us. They weren't about to get in a fire fight with some of our elite.

Its a very complicated relationship with them. They ARE sitting on quite a bit of nuclear weapons.

16. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

We only know what we have been told by the government and in these matters they will only us what they think we need to know. I think that can often be good thing. The phase "we can't handle the truth" comes to mind. The good news is this has preoccupied the media.

17. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Takes the media and NATO’s attention away from the killing of innocents in Misrata

Things that make you go mmm;Complacent or incompetent

A high walled compound in the middle of a residential / tourist district didn’t raise any concerns in six years.

Two helicopters (admitingly flying below radar) very close to a military establishment (surely they could be heard)

18. billyblooshoes

as a sidenote to this, the choppers being used were apparently extremely quiet...stealth varieties of the blackhawk not publicly known about before until the tail section ended up all over the news/media. i heard a sound byte comparison of a regular blackhawk vs the ultra quiet stealth version and the stealth version sounds like someone operating a lawn mower down the street from you.

19. Road Trash

Road Trash Birth of a Detailer

Now the big thing is convincing Pakistan to either give them back..or more importantly..not let China get a hold of them.

20. billyblooshoes

yeah china seems to be very interested in taking a look at the tail section, as they've apparently been working on trying to figure out a stealth helo as well.