Order Nightmare

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by godoman, Jul 13, 2011.

1. nth degree

nth degree Virgin Detailer

I knew that name sounded familiar. R.L. "Bud" Abraham is the Detail Editor for "Professional Carwashing and Detailing".

This is from the byline of a recent article he wrote.

"Abraham is president of Detail Plus Car Appearance Systems, Portland, OR, and a nearly 40-year member of the car care industry. He is also the executive director of the International Detailing Association and a member of the Western Carwash Association Board of Directors. Abraham can be contacted at buda@detailplus.com."

I think everyone should send him an email to let him know why we will not be ordering from his company.

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Glad to see you stuck to your guns. Crappy you had to fight him for it as it was their mess to clean up. They could have looked like heroes had they accepted responsibility and did what they had to do to make you happy.

3. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

dan was asking me earlier if the small difference in the two units was enough to demand a refund and, to me, the answer is a definate "yes".

first, I wanted one unit and they sold me another. this is a lie and stress causing situation not to mention a loss in business on my end as I had many people waiting to have me work on their interiors and got tired of my latest drama on the carpet extractor.

second, the difference in the two units may be minor but the unit that they sent me can be bought/found online for almost $600.00 dollars less. So this is a definate yes as well.

I am not out of this yet. stil have to wait until monday or tuesday to meet with keith in person with a friend to make sure that when I turn over the extractor to him for the return I get the proper paper work to ensure that I am getting a refund, not just giving over this unit with no gauruntee that I will get a refund and he gets my money and the unit returned to him to try and sell again.

will keep you posted

godoman

4. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

Unbelievable.

If I can help down here in Portland, let me know.

5. richguy66

richguy66 DB Forum Supporter

I wouldn't have met up with him. I would just tell him to issue you a call tag and get a full refund. I have a feeling he's going to continue giving you more BS when you meet. But let's all hope you get a full refund hasslefree.

6. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

atleast in person, you can knock his teeth out LOL.............jusssssssssssstkidding. yeah, I would have not met him, make him cough up the entire cost of getting it back to him.

7. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

thanks for all of the support guys, it means alot to me.

all of my friends are suprised by this as well. even my neighbors came over and were talking up a storm about this. on the user's manual for the carpet extractor is a picture of the extractor I ordered and the neighbor was freaking out at the extreme difference in the two units and could not believe the level of deception.

I am bringing a couple of friends with me when we meet up, they are older and will know how to make sure he does not pull any fast ones on me as I can be really naive sometimes.

again, thanks and will keep all of you posted, gotta get ready to go see the harry potter movie tonight!

godoman

8. richguy66

richguy66 DB Forum Supporter

:bat: :bat: :bat:

9. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

rollin deep, all strapped up! hells yea!

10. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Godoman -

Glad you are working through this and still sane.

Just be sure that you know how he is going to "refund" your entire costs for all of this B/S - is he going to give you cash, check, issue you a credit on your credit card ?? You really need to know this before you meet, AND you also need to know the exact AMOUNT of the refund before you meet.

I would also contact that Bud Abraham guy and let him know how poorly his store represents His name and values.

Shane - thanks for reading this and your offer to help. Hey maybe bring the entire Fire Department big guys down there ! :) I would love to see the look on their faces !!! :)

Good luck with this, Godoman, keep standing firm, do not allow them to talk you into anything.

Dan F

11. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Looking for a carpet extractor that puts out 150 psi and 137" inches of water lift.

if anyone knows where I can find a unit/s like this, please email me or paste a link here.

many thanks

godoman

12. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

13. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

thanks dan

so far they are aggreeing to credit me back an have a courier sent up to pick up the extractor that they sent to me.

I went to interlink about a month agao after you mentioned it on here to me and I think that I will have to go check with them again to see what they can do for me. they briefly showed me some units that they had in the shop but I didn't see anything I liked.

will keep you up to date on the return

godoman