Order Nightmare

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by godoman, Jul 13, 2011.

1. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

So I got my order in today and guess what. They shorted me one air blower (200.00 dollars) and they did not send me the exact model that I ordereed, instead they sent me a mytee m series carpet extractor. I can't find the model number on it so I can't confirm the psi output (which is suppose to be 150,and on mytees website this one is 100). This unt that I wanted was suppose to have 137 inches of water lift and the one that they sent has 107. The guys at the freight ware house told me that they charged me for 300 pounds but the actual weight came out to 200 pounds!

Man I am livid!

Godoman

2. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Holy shit Godoman.... this is outrageous.

That is just bad business, who the hell are these guys?

3. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Detailplus.com I cant f**king believe it. I am just floored right now.

4. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

Find another vendor!

5. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

yeah, well, now i have to figure out what to do with this carpet extractor that i did not want, if they will even take it back from me. prob will have to contact the attorney general to get this all fixed and will take a month to fix. will not fill it with water and try it out, then it will be non returnable.

absolutely rediculous

godoman

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

So sorry to hear about this. I understand that things can go wrong occasionally, but that is ridiculous. You waited all that time and they sent the wrong machine? I would package it all back up, get a return authorization number and get your money back. Have them send a courier to pick it up so you don't have to try and get that back from them later as well. That is absolutely horrible. If they give you any grief, just ask them who at their company your lawyer should send the correspondence to.

7. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

I think this is the unit I have sitting in my garage right now

HP100 Grand Prix™

the one I wanted was so much better, god I cant beliieve that they did this to me!

godoman

8. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

You need to re-read the specifications you sent the link for -
    It says -
    H20 - 137"
    PSI - 120

So you have the water lift you wanted, looks like the PSI is a little lower.

Dan F

9. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Godoman
    I went to the detailplus website - Its located in Portland Oregon !!!
    Rcrew, go down there and kick some a$$, ok ?? :)

This company is founded by and presided over by RL Bud Abraham, a guy who went on Truth in Detailing awhile back and started a ruckus about the drum roller polishers - I believe the Admin had to kick him off the Forum. Some of the guys who also posted there and here will remember what I am talking about.

They are so close, Godoman, do you have a truck ? Van ? You could take this dang thing back to Portland and drop it on their front door. Its not that far from here, from Bellevue, its 175 miles, about a 3 hour drive..

Do you need help with this ? PM me if you do.

Dan F
    Dan's Auto Detailing
    Bellevue, WA.

10. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

ok, so the psi is 120 and I wanted 150, they both have water lift of 137, but did you see that the one I wanted/orderd has a 13 gallon tank and the one they sent me has an 11 gallon tank?

two completely different machines. I just hope they dont try to come at me like that, "oh, these two models are so similar and this is out new 'hot one' carpet extractor, we just failed to mention this before we sent it out to you"

godoman

11. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

as far as going down to portland, I am ready to do that. I wake up at 6am and used my toyota pickup truck to bring it back to my house from the ups dc in tukwilla today. man I was pissed to find out all of this work got the wrong unit.

if I get on the phone with them today and they try to give me the run around, I will pack it up in the back of my truck and haul it down to portland on my own. I do not have a problem with that at all. plus I will get the chance to stop by the local p21s distributor down there and pick up a few 5 liter jugs of the gel.

will keep all of you posted. already emailed them stating I want a full refund and that I feel they should send a courier up to me to pick it up and take it back.

godoman

12. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

this is the worst customer service there is...

13. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Godoman --

Is the 2 gallons difference and 30psi going to be a deal breaker ?

Also, have you tried to get in contact with Bud Abraham, the owner ?? Believe is he located in Portland too..
    I would escalate this directly to him, and see what he says. He might not even know this is happening.. He needs to know.

Good luck,
    Dan F

14. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Make those bitches pay for your gas bill too.....

15. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

And lunch....... and some coffee. Damn them.

16. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

been calling them all day today and they will not answer their phone. I keep getting voicemail.

godoman

17. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

make them drink a gallon of tardis and a gallon of iron X...

18. grease

grease Birth of a Detailer

Send a link to this thread to the owner and to their customer support. Let thme know that if its not taken care of immediately, youll start posting this story on all the detailing boards.

19. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

keith finally called me back from detailplus.com today. he started talking to me about the unit they sent me and how it is just like the other unit I thought I was getting. he thought I was over reacting and then changed tunes and said that he was not the one that sold me this unit. I told him that he is the manager, the people underneath him represent him and his business and that he is responsible for their actions when selling "faulsly" to customers.

he tried to pawn this unit off to me, did not even try to offer the unit that I originally wanted (which is a clear indication that they no longer offer it but still post it's picture online as well as its specs), nor did he try to offer me a discount for the one that they intentionally sent to me in error, hoping I would bite the bullet and keep it.

I told him I want a full refund on the shipping and he tried fighting me on it. I told him I could understand his stance if I orderd an item/unit and it was exactly what I ordered and "I" changed my mind, but in this situation, they intentionally sent me the wrong unit and wronged me and created nothing but grief for me as well as made me have to turn customers away for not having the unit in the time I said I would have it.

so he aggreed to pay me back in full for the carpet extractor, to meet me in tacoma this tuesday or monday, to offer me a refund on the freight charges that I was over charged for and to refund me for the air blower that he did not send me in the mail. I think he is going to try and charge me a "re-stocking fee" as I read on the receipt so I am going to make sure to catch him on this one as I did not change my mind on my purchase, he frauded me.

godoman

20. nth degree

nth degree Virgin Detailer

Did you pay with a credit card? If so, go through them. It will freeze the money and you have a better chance of getting the full refund without the hassles. If a credit card company agrees with the purchaser the seller isn't going to try to pull any more fast ones.