Optimum Opti Coating

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by Obsessive Detail, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

That is true depending how they are sealed. If there is a seal to "break" then to be capped again I think i would still rather go with 4 x 10cc syringes that is just me though. haha It also helps me with "portion" control. :giggle:

2. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

There have been several orders for the Opti Coating, has anyone gotten a chance to use theirs yet? If so, please post up some pictures and results!

3. blackjz

blackjz Jedi Nuba

sorry for bringing up old thread..Justin, How do you put opti guard on? do you put the OG onto the applicator pad then just wipe on the panel or ??? do you have video of how to apply OG? can't open the forum on optimum site

4. Obsessive Detail

If you have used Opti Seal, the application is very similar. You put the product on the pad and do a panel at a time. You don't want to use very much, a little will go pretty far. When you spread it on the panel most of it will evaporate pretty quickly, the areas that are put on too thick will leave a haze, just take a microfiber towel and lightly buff those areas to make it even. If you don't get the spots that are hazy you will notice when it cures and the only way to fix this is to polish it out.

Opti Coating is pretty simple, after you work with it a couple of times you get the hang of it and know how much to apply to each panel.

Sorry, I don't have any videos on how to use it. Anthony Orosco from the Optimum forums is supposed to be working on an instructional video the last I heard.

Hope this helps you out, let me know if you have any other questions about the coating. I've put this on several vehicles and I'm very familiar with the application.

5. blackjz

blackjz Jedi Nuba

yes I do have opti seal. sometimes i spray OOS to the panel and use an applicator to get it evenly on the surface..but since OG is in a syringe, I guess the only way is to inject OG onto the applicator then apply it to the surface. Am I doing the right thing|?

Yes I know, Anthony is supposed to be working on the video, but I can't access optimum forums, can you?

6. Obsessive Detail

Yes, just put some on the applicator and spread it onto the paint.

I haven't been able to get onto the Optimum forum for a couple of days now.

7. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I may be interested in this. Just wondering if there is a market here for it.