Optimum Opti Coating

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by Obsessive Detail, Nov 9, 2009.

1. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

Opti coat is IMO much easier to use then the Pomponazzi coating, wich needs a accelerator and you mix them togehter. After that you have to use it within 24 hours, or else it will turn into jelly. The water beading is although better on the Pompanozzi coat. But the Opti coating is enough for 4 cars and the pomponazzis is for 2 cars.

I have used many types of "coatings" and Opti coat is one of the best so far.

2. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Thanks for the offering Justin! I'll have to give it a shot once I can manage the funds. :)

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Pussy. Get out there and get some on your car. Then you can tell us if it survives a hurricane. I swear you kids these days are getting soft! LOL

4. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

No problem bud! The more I use this coating the more I love it! I guarantee you will like it Denzil!

5. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

That would be a good ad. A picture of a perfect car in a hurricane ravished town. Trees down houses torn apart.

Opti-Coat, it'll weather the storm

6. Obsessive Detail

I agree! Heath you are gonna have to tuff it out and get some Opti Coating put on your car!

7. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

So what do you use to apply it, like a foam applicator?

8. Obsessive Detail

I've been using a foam applicator and that works really well for me. I've talked to a few other guys that have been using the coating and some have been using foam and others have been applying it with a microfiber towel or microfiber applicator. I think with using the foam the product is going to go further, the towels are going to soak up some of the product.

9. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Well, we got missed by the remanents of hurricane Ida.

We'll see. Until then, I'll be okay with Opti-seal. The thought of a little extra clear is kinda nice though.

10. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

I thought this wasnt available unless you had a detailing business though? Can avid detailers like us still buy it?

11. Obsessive Detail

It is pretty much my discretion who I sell the product to. No matter what a liability waiver must be signed before I can sell the product. When the coating first came out it wasn't as user friendly and that's is why only detailing businesses could buy it, Optimum redesigned it a little and now it is a lot easier to apply.

12. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

Ahh ok cool thanks for clearing that up. This looks interesting

13. MisterShark

MisterShark Birth of a Detailer

I would have thought that as long as the swirls or scratches were thoroughly devoid of any contaminants (following a wash and IPA or paint prep cleaner wipedown) that a coating of this nature would fill them in, effectively replacing the clearcoat that was removed (which caused the swirl/scratch to begin with) and level the surface.

14. Jedidiah

Jedidiah Guest

can you please define this?

"wasn't as user friendly "

and the "wait till it is tacky"

with is so protective / etc can you still WAX on top of it?

15. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

sooooo, say someone doesnt have a tax ID number. but they detail as s source of income (although its secondary). could one still get it?

16. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

sounds great whats the longest it has lasted so far on a car ?

17. Obsessive Detail

When the first beta version of Optimum Coating came out it was really hard to use, so Dr. G redesigned it with a better version.

After a couple minutes of applying the coating it starts to get "tacky". I meant that it gets kinda grabby, the towel doesn't go over it as easy, this is when you lightly buff to remove the higher spots. The coating is actually pretty easy to apply, it sounds hard but it isn't.

Yes, you can top it with a wax whenever you like, but it isn't needed.

18. Obsessive Detail

You don' need a tax number to get it, the main is that you will have to sign the waiver form. I've talked to Dr. G about this and told him how many detailers that didn't have tax id numbers and how many people detail on the side or as a hobby that are interested in this. He basically told me it is my discretion who I sell the product to, but the waiver form has to be signed no matter what.

19. Obsessive Detail

Some of the testers have reported as getting as much as 5 years out of it.

20. Jedidiah

Jedidiah Guest

good lord.

so i can either A go buy some new CG Kore for $1800 that will last 3-4 months. or this for $150 that will last 5 years (with proper maint. washes)