ONR on a vintaged car?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by atomicfan, Jan 26, 2009.

1. atomicfan

atomicfan Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I waxed my cars with vintage about 5 months ago and the protection looks still very good althoug the cars have not been washed for 1,5months and are more grey than black.

Since i waxed it they only got 2 washes cause it was very cold and i couldnt wash.

Now i want to try onr as i hope i do not have to rinse the car after washing. At the rinsing stage the water freeezes on the car so i want to avoid it.

Has anybody an experience on how onr affects the beading and protection of vintage?

2. bigfoot

bigfoot Jedi Nuba

I don't think there will be any side effects against Vintage with ONR. Now, if you do not want it to freeze, use warm to hot water so it takes the water a little longer to cool down

3. memnuts

memnuts Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hot water freezes faster. It has something to do with the thermodynamics of changing states ie solid to liquid, liquid to gas and the amount of heat energy given off. I can tell you from experience ONR does free at 28 degrees F. The side of my truck was all iced up with ONR this weekend. I had to give up cause that was the sunny side too. :(

4. Nica

Nica Banned

I've given my vehicles a ONR wash wile they had a coat of Vintage, I had no issues with it...I should mention though that usually after a wash I try to put another coat of the same LSP (in this case Vintage).

5. atomicfan

Thanks for your help guys.

Is it correct that i can onr wash my car without pw it off or foaming the car before the tbm with onr?

My car is really dirty and has lot of muck, salt and grime on.

Iam a little scared of scratching my car without pw the dirt off before the wash stage

6. Charlies02GLS

Charlies02GLS Jedi Nuba

Hit up the coin-op and give it a good rinse before ONRing then otherwise it'll take you hours to wash it safely.

7. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

With the polymers in ONR, it will actually prolong the life of your wax.

8. Nica

Nica Banned

I agree, me personally I take my vehicles to a coin wash, give them a good rinse then drive home for an ONR, makes the ONR process more enjoyable.

9. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

I will be doing the same when i wash my car with vintage.

10. atomicfan

I wanted to wash my car yesterday but after pw rinsing it of it started to snow.

So i only used it wea a sprayer and sprayed the whole car with the onr solution.

After 5mins i rinsed it off and the heavy salt and grime was removed. (Now i can see that my car is black and not grey)

The beading of Vintage was very good before and after the wash so onr seems to work with vintage.

I will give the quattro a full wash next week and hopefully it looks good