One step polish........?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Rustbucket, Mar 4, 2008.

1. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Alright Al what color LC CCS pad for the combo with the Flex and would you use that combo with a rotary? If so would you use the same pad?

2. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

white or blue pads depends on the paint condition....CCS....I never used the combo with a rotary...Yet....did not know if the 501 would flash to fast....

green CCS pad would be the highest I would go with the Mix....I use green with just 106FF only and get great results..on both machines...

Al

3. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Hey Wolf... I use this combo with a white pad and it really looks great... with a white pad you get the "burnishing" effect that Al spoke of.. I am not sure you would get the full effect of the amped up gloss that the burnishing affords if you used anything stronger.

4. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Gotcha :thumb:! Damn you guys are good! My buds never let me down!

5. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Wish I could take credit for this... But this one is al Al!!!

6. Whip Appeal Neil

Whip Appeal Neil Jedi Nuba

i would say 106ff also..maybe 85rd if the swirls arent too bad

7. Dandrop

Dandrop Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Ooohhh. I have both. How much of each product do i mix together? Hehehe, share the recipe!

8. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

To get the mix send 15.00 to Area51@topsecretlabs.gov lol

I use 4oz to 8oz of 501...to make a 12oz bottle....you can go 3 and still have a good mix....use a white CCS pad or a blue..depends on the defects...white for light spiders..blue for light maring or just cleaning and burnishing the paint for gloss

Al

9. O4COBRA

O4COBRA Birth of a Detailer

I would have to say 106FF worked properly with a polishing pad, with either an orbital or a Rotary would be the best way. Removed with a quality spray wax like OCW would be a perfect "1 step" procedure.