One QD for paint and plastic/chrome

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Max405, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Max405

Max405 DB Forum Supporter

Guys,
    Sorry to create a new thread about the same old subject.
    I recently bought a new daily driver and I would like to use a single Quick detailer that will not only pop the wax/sealant but also protect the matte black plastic cladding on the underside of the car. I'd like to use it on the chrome parts as well. Is there a single spray type application that will do the job? Something that will protect the plastic and not change its color or streak the chrome.

I came up with;

Finish Kare 425
    Optimum Opti-Clean
    PoorBoys QD plus
    Swissvax Nano spray

What do you think is the best. The car is a bright Silver 2011 Cadillac SRX.

Thanks, Joe D

2. Evotune

Evotune Virgin Detailer

I find Swissvax Nano Express to be most versatile QD product. Application may be a bit different from normal QD, but it has one huge advantage for me - works really well as trim dressing. Here's my foto of my car with NE applied :

[​IMG]

and example of it's trim restoring ability :

[​IMG]

3. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Scholl SW20, gloss-it QD, g|Tech c3

all good QD, but really best used after washing car and only for very light dust....but still great products that will not hard plastics or make them look white.

4. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Jedi Nuba

Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ makes an excellent QD and you can't beat the price. One concentrate bottle will make 5.5 gals. It will leave behind a protection plus its boosted with Polycharger.

5. Max405

May I ask, where can I get the scholl in the US? I've heard it said that it is Nano-express in a different bottle. I'd love to save some money if I can. The Nano is like $40-50 for a small bottle.

Thanks, Joe D.

6. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Very similar, but not as thick. PM Ken (autoworks, 911fanatic) he may have a bottle sitting around. I got one from him and one from the UK, PM if he does not and I can see what I can find.

7. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

Harley Gloss works well on everything and it smells terrific and its available at any HD.

8. dankfanatic

dankfanatic Guest

out of the 4 you listed, i'd go with FK425.

9. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Optimum Car Wax provides pretty durable protection for smooth and textured trim but it won't really do much to restore oxidized trim. It will work on chrome, too.

10. Max405

I was hoping someone would say this. I actually dropped it into the Shopping cart and I am ready to pull the trigger. I've heard people say FK 425 was good. I had no idea what it was until I realized FK is "finish Kare". Thanks for the advice.

Joe D.

11. Max405

Nice car and nice job!

I'd love to get some. The price is ridiculous. It would probably be cheaper (but more time consuming) to re-apply SW insignis then use the QD. One of those little bottles is $40-50. If you do the whole car with it you'd probably get 3 uses out of it. Thats about the same cost per Application as Insignis.

Thanks, Joe D.