ok, does EVERYONE use the 2 bucket method?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by ampbmw, Feb 13, 2008.

1. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

:agree:

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Two bucket for me and LOVING IT!

3. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

I wondering what you guys think of my method?

Since the soap bucket in the two bucket method is used only to load the wash mit with soapy water, isnt using a gilmour style foam gun even better? It eliminates the possibility of picking up grit from one of the two buckets completely. Also the obvious advantages of covering the panel your washing in suds just prior to hitting it with the mit.

:bat:I defend my method! :ar15:
    :lala:

haha but no really, discuss...

4. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

dont do you have a way to release the grit from the mitt? like a rinse bucket with a grit guard.

5. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

yes yesm sorry I should have mentioned the rest, but I posted about it a page back...

Foam gun to soak vehicle
    Rinse
    Foam gun in one hand, mit in the other to wash
    -Using fresh water rinse bucket with grit guard as I go
    Rinse a few times during washing
    Flood rinse whole car at the end

this has worked quite well for me. Although I probably do use more soap then normal, It doesnt really bother me. This might not be good for the pros.

6. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

I use this method sometimes but not that often.

7. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

I just use a single bucket but soak the car first with the foam gun. I only see very slight micro marring maybe like 2-3 months later after a full detail

8. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

:giggle: 3 buckets and a foam gun :giggle:
    First, I spray all the gime off and clean my tires, rims and wheel wells with the 1st bucket. I have a lot of shade so I don't have to worry about the car drying.
    Then rinse the wheels. Attach foam gun and spray down the car, allowing it to dwell for a few minutes. From there I use the 2 bucket method.
    In the winter, I rinse the car with (water only) at the car wash. Come home (two blocks) and use ONR with 2 bucket method.
    Heck... I don't want to introduce any swirls! I still don't know how to use my new PC :giggle: