Official anti-ONR club

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by ampbmw, May 15, 2009.

1. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

I like ONR. I used it on a convertible with a top that was broken and wouldn't close.

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Does the top work OK now?:p:

3. Bigpikle

Bigpikle Any Rag Vehicle Washer

:lol:

it takes a little getting used to, for sure, but I just wont be without it now. The thought of dragging out the hose, foaming and rinsing, and trying to dry before the water spots etc just fills me with dread. i was even recently sent some rather nice new shampoos to test and cant even push myself to go back to the old ways to try them out :lol:

Even if the car needs some form of pre-wash I cant see ever using a traditional shampoo...and just to freak the OP out even more, its best used with a sponge!

4. E-Money

E-Money Birth of a Detailer

Does anyone have a good ratio for using it for bird bombs? i heard clay bar ratio. Have any of you just dumped 2 oz of ONR into a gallon jug of distilled water than use the gallon jug as the clay bar ratio container? the idea seems ok, but would appreciate some feedback. Or do you use the QD ratio for bird bombs. 6oz to one gallon of distilled water.

5. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I have been adding ONR to my conventional washes for several months now and love it. I will never wash my car again without it.

6. richy

richy Guest

Is IPA a neutralizer? i know baking soda/ water and APC. Does a 50/50 IPA work as well?

7. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

I get charged by the gallon for water so when my cars are just a little dirty this stuff saves me serious money and I have had no ill effects with this product.It is a great money saver and all around product in my opinion.

8. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

The best use for ONR, is at a meet, or HIN. Fastest way to clean a car and be able to wax it after :D

If you wanted to sample ONR you should have asked when we traded LT and OID lol :)

9. 911Fanatic

Have to admit I haven't been able to bring myself to ONR my car yet but I have added ONR to my wash bucket. Very noticeable improvement in lubricity.:thumb:

10. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

Yeah, ONR really did the job.

11. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Trust us Ken. :)

12. richy

richy Guest

Hey you old fart!! Get with the new times...Hell, even this old fart loves his ONR washes! Seriously, Ken, you'll wonder why you fought it once you give 'er a go.

13. 911Fanatic

I think its because I like to clean my inner fenders and wheel backs well and I don't see how its possible with ONR. Plus the thought of possibly scratching the s*&t out of my paint may have something to do with it.

14. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

When I ONR vehicles (when its raining generally) I always do the wheels normally, and then dry them. Then do the body with ONR.

15. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

ONR is FAR from my favorite way to wash as I love my foam cannon too much. I've opted for a foam cannon traditional wash in 35 degree weather over an ONR wash in my heated garage. Now having said that the few times I've done an ONR it worked with no ill effects. I just don't like drying every panel after I wash it. With a traditional wash with my CR Spotless I never have to touch the paint to dry it. Like I said though its not that it doesn't work because it does it's just not my thing.

16. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

don't use microfibre towels when semi or totally dry washing. use damp chamois instead
    it doesn't stick to the paint like MF does and is easily washed in the bucket of hot water and even a steamer

17. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

Well, I'm not ever gonna risk it. I spent too long getting my carbon black to where it is, and I'm gonna stick with the fact that if it ain't broke...don't fix it.

anyways, I am fully aware of the large support for ONR, hence WHY i started this thread to see if anyone else was with me, speculation or not,lol...not trying to win a case, just want to see who else is terrified

18. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Not sure if I misunderstood TOGWT, so I use both. This is what he wrote on removing bird bombs:

"Take your time and be careful with its removal, these acids should be removed and/or neutralized as quickly as possible. Using an IPA (isopropyl alcohol) no ammonia based (ammonia acts as an acid accelerant) glass cleaner or a gel alcohol hand cleaner (Purell®) place a small amount on to a first aid gauze pad and apply to effected area this will help it stay in place during the necessary dwell time.
    The alcohol content acts as a drying agent, which will extract the acid, then thoroughly flush with water to rinse away any grit or sand, etc or use detailers clay to encapsulate it, re-spray the area let it dwell for 2-3 minutes and wipe dry.

Baking soda (as a neutralizer) – ensure the surface is cool. Mix a small amount (about 1/2 cup) of baking soda and a little water to make a paste (consistency of pancake syrup). Spread it on the affected paint surface working it around well and let it sit for ½ hr. Remove, rinse and dry."

19. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Yes, very noticeable. It diminishes suds, but increases lubricity a lot, which is more important. Although with Ultima Paint Guard Wash, even with ONR added it still produces huge amounts of suds.

20. ScottieB

ScottieB Jedi Nuba

I had bought ONR but didn't try it until I was at a clients house without a garden hose. I pulled out my two buckets and ONR and I was off to the races. Since I all ready had ONR out, I used it as my clay lube, too. I think I will be buying a gallon in the near future.