Not My Review of the Meguiars Microfiber System

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by rfinkle2, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

Did not address the fact that bonnets made of microfiber with a elastic to hold the bonnet in place over a foam pad has been out for awhile???, and that I HAVE used it these bonnets in the past which is a vastly different than you as you have not used the Megs new gear?.

As I repeat, you have a bias and you are dumb enough to finally admit it which took me 11 posts to draw it out of you. Finally we see the "Haterade gulping" I mean look what you said that I get it for free "Hyped by pros like yourself", do you not think I have bought products under the same conditions? well.................do you?, of course I have and I have the reciepts in the past to prove it and guess what I do not cry I MOVE on with"The quickness".

Did you stop and think that when Megs gave the product out to be used that there was a possibility that someone could have called it a "Turkey" because everyone who knows me knows this that I tell it like it is and had the product been sub-standard I would have said so.......now what do I need to address now at this point, because I can go with you all day....and night.

2. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Dude get over this, this isn't a grudge match. Bob was replying to a post I asked for him to respond to, stop with the jabs man you're digging yourself a hole. It's a damn detailing website where most of us come to relax and shoot the breeze and asks questions. This stuff gets old after awhile.

3. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

Chas, auto concierge can create his own thread (which I will not invade) if he wants to review the new Meguiars system. He consistently calls me dumb, calls out my grammar and punctuation w/out a leg to stand on.

I should've chosen another of his posts to "jab" him rather than using his answer to you.

With all due repsect, you can ignore this thread if you'd like.

4. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Can we keep this thread on topic here. If rfinkle2 and Auto Concierge need to have some discussions please take it off line.

5. rfinkle2

Pats 300zx

- I simply don't like to be called "dumb". lol

Up until now, I feel my posts were within the DB forum rules, and have only speculated on a new product, albeit with some negative feedback.

6. Auto Concierge

Pat,

You can see many times I tried to squash things(The posts are there to see) but what he has said(RFinkle2) is borderline slander towards Meguiars for god''s sake.

7. rfinkle2

OK... I'm done. I've said what I wanted to say, and the remainder would just be arguing for arguing's sake. Anything I've said, I still believe to be true.

If it were true it would be libel, btw.

After Auto Concierge replies, you can lock the thread if you'd like.

8. Auto Concierge

I am not a Lawyer to this I will admit, but what is it called when you have no personal knowledge on a subject but yet profess a opinion on facts not in evidence?? I am out....................

9. Greg Nichols

Greg Nichols Birth of a Detailer

I found this to be true. However the new compound does not dust at all, long working time.

Cheers,
    GREG

10. Greg Nichols

Comparison are hard to make, as Menzerna is a diminishing abrasive and Megs is not. If I were to attempt a comparison on cut it would be with powergloss.

Cheers,
    GREG

11. Greg Nichols

Yes you can finish out with whatever after the compounding, I liked to use 205 and then my sealant of choice.

Cheers,
    GREG

12. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Greg,
    Is there an advantage/disadvantage to not being a diminishing abrasive? I dont do alot of correction work, the system (compound portion) intrests me so I ask.

thanks

karl

13. Greg Nichols

The abrasive technologies are attempting to get to the same point, so I don't see the there being a ad/dis to either. The non diminishing (SMAT) uses super fine abrasives, the dimin abrasive tech starts large and breaks down. The only possible disadvantage of diminishing is that if you don't break it down...........it won't finish out the best possible.

I would add that having both allows you to work on all types of paint situations....

Cheers,
    GREG

14. Kilo6_one

Thank you greg.

you answered alot. maybe one day I will crack open my bottle of M105 but I may pick up the M300 and some pads to see how it works, as seeing you can finish down with whatever other then megs it may be worth having in my arsenal.

15. Greg Nichols

These pads are not exclusive to the 300/301, I used them with 105 and a polish only in europe called 101. I would say the pads are my favorite for use with the RO machines.

Cheers,
    GREG

16. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

You'll have to use a finishing polish after. When using the MF pad and compound, it'll haze like crazy. Its quite aggressive. I haven't tried using the compound with say a green or white pad as a one stepper.

One, maybe two. These pads clean up extremely easy using just compressed air or a brush as they cant absorb product like foam.

17. Kilo6_one

oh that is good to know.

18. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

I read several detailing forums and by far - Todd Helme has the new Megs MF system post. Ya'll know where to find it.

19. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

Like any product launch, the pro's and con's will get revealed. One key point is that unlike another recent product launch, some beta testers are talking positively. Big company beta testers usually are silent on products they do not like.

But, it will be when non-pro's (joe weekender) especially those new to polishing get it in a kit form, will we start seeing more of the downsides. tips,tricks as try to learn how it works.

20. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

I think it's a great deal for the newbie detailer, the guy that wants to do his car and maybe the family fleet. Joe Weekend could get a PC or one of the clones and this system and be set as far as the paint goes. I'm sure the usual suspects will be offering bundled kits as soon as they can.