Not My Review of the Meguiars Microfiber System

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by rfinkle2, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

It is DA/Machine specific so there are no holograms to take out, as many of you know I tell it like it is without B.S., the products work very well with the microfiber pads as intended, but also work well with foampads of various mechanical cutting ability.

The Compound cuts very good and does not dust like M105, also the finish polish/wax leaves a beautiful finish and wipes off very easy by machine application or by hand. The polish/wax does have decent protection properties as I have it on the truck and the wife's car which has been through some pretty good rain cycles.

For those of you who care about the smell........the compound smells like cinnamon(Think Dentene gum) and the polish/wax has a pleasant smell as well.For those of you doing quicker production job's this system will you to do more, get better results in a faster time frame.

2. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

Your uber yellow pad

3. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

so the compounds may be sold seperatley?

4. Wss03

Wss03 DB Forum Supporter

I read that M105 has more cut than the new compound - did you find this to be the case?

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

The new compound cuts extremely well and if 105 cuts more, its marginal IMHO. The compound produces close to zero dust which is nice for a product that cuts this well so given the choice, I'd grab the new one first to see if it gets the job done. I haven't tried the two side by side yet so can't make a direct comparison.

6. Auto Concierge

What he said^^^^^^^.

7. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

thanks for the feedback. would you say the polish wax is a necessary step for the system or optional. ie, just do the compounding, then move on to a different lsp.

8. Auto Concierge

Optional, the polish/wax is great, however you can follow up with your favorite products....play with it and mix n match. What is funny is to see the next gen of this product in a couple of years with feedback from everyone welcomed....well almost EVERYbody.

9. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

Great thanks again. Sounds extremely promising. On average how many of the microfiber pads would you say are necessary to have on hand to complete the average car for the compounding stage?

10. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

how would you say compared to a Menz product? where on the scale would you compare it too?

11. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

I'll leave the opinions on the product to the forum, but imo, it is a labeling gimmick to get you to buy a new "system" whose results can be had with products being used, as you said since 2003.

Thank you for your military sevice, but If I were you, I wouldn't comment on my grammar or punctuation, and I definitely wouldn't challenge my intelligence. If you look back on the thread, you were the first to use large red lettering, and asking me if I feel silly certainly doesn't address that I called what this new system is, microfiber. Whether you attach it (microfiber) to a pad with glue is up to you.

12. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Ok, enough is enough... I have read your speculation on a product that YOU have NEVER used and to be honest it is getting a bit redundant.

Bottom line: You have not tried the system and have NO QUANTIFIABLE data to justify your assertions...

Please just leave it at that and move on.

13. rfinkle2

THE DIFFERENCE here is we have to PAY to use the new system...

Have YOU tried the technique I outlined? (you can use different nap microfiber {as outlined} and different cut polishes {as outlined})

I think "redundant" would be to buy a product that I already have. If you need quantifiable results, I'll take more pictures of my black mica car under inspection light (metal halide, xenon, led, full sun etc.) , that I polished with the technique I outlined.

If I may, is this not a forum to discuss, speculate etc.?
    rfinkle2-albums240-2795.jpg

14. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

For all the veteran detailers on here like Bob, Phil, Ken, and so forth....do you guys think we will see an eventual progression to a one and done polish that is capable of getting anything done no matter the severity of defects in paint, that is safe for anything? It would seem to me there will always have to be varying levels of compounds but I am only have a few years of exposure to detailing. The reason I ask is because it seems like the industry is moving that way and it would be neat to get your insight since you have seen the gradual progression of the industry, or where you see it going.

15. Auto Concierge

You are not speculating, there is a ax to grind and you are grinding it. As for the font........you can see how you come across to the members here as you were so flustered your post dribbled out like when someone is in a arguement and has no facts or direction to thier comments or debate as in a childish rant like "I know you are , but what am I?".

There have been some duds in the Megs line up, thus I did not use them after trying them out, however in this case the product works......and VERY well as a system with the compound/polish/wax or with other quality polishes dead stop.

Just because you are on a open forum does not give you the right to say "Whatever".... unless you are prepared to be called on things from guy's like myself who have a "Zero tolerance" for "Shenanigans".

PS. Noticed you did cap yours (i's) in the very next post so......................

16. Auto Concierge

As I stated before your own words get you like a "Hangman's noose", uhm.......are your microfiber bonnets free?, did you make them yourself?, time to quit as the "Court of public opinion" based upon the PM's I am getting makes me thinks folks are quite tired of you.

Use the bonnets in good health..........and as the Motley Crue song says "Don't go away mad..........just go away".

Mbkite likes this.
  17. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Your above statement (the first one I quoted) is clearly saying that in your opinion you feel this product is a gimmick... My point is how can you come to such an opinion without even trying the product.

At best it is an uneducated guess…. At worst it is some strange infatuation to undermine a new product release.

In looking at your post history I can tell that this exchange will not change your ways, nor did I expect it to. My intent is to advise others that may be new to this forum/craft/trade that your opinion is based on nothing and to take that with a grain of salt.

I am done here…

18. rfinkle2

Many of the members here may choose not to get involved. In reality, I have a good rapport with many of the members on DB.

Again, you didn't address the content of any of my posts. You are more interested in challenging my intelligence, which I'd gladly accept.

My axe to grind is that I have spent a great deal of money on products that are "hyped" by pros, like yourself, who recieve products free to "test", and they are really no better than what I have in my collection already.

No, my mf bonnets are not free, but they are a good deal cheaper than an entire new "system".

YES, I THINK THAT THE NEW MF SYSTEM IS A GIMMICK!

19. Auto Concierge

Chas,

The products have changed along with paint technology due to VOC issues and other breakthroughs in chemistry, like the auto's we all work on there will be improvements always as someone always builds a better "Mousetrap".

As for "One system" just like sanding abrasives there are different grades from rough to fine depending on the finish you want and application, who knows maybe someone much smarter than I will come up with something that makes life easier for us who do this for a living or at a enthusiast level.

20. rfinkle2

Did you have something to say concerning MY grammar and punctuation?

rofl!