Not impressed with the EZ detail brushes

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by BoostedMk6, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

I have both the large EZ detail brush and wheel woolies, and the woolies are muuuch better made. Although my EZ hasn't broke yet I'll rarely use it. The wheel woolies are well worth the price because of their performance and they won't break ;)

2. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

What about behind the spokes?

3. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

^^^^ good find, Ive been thinking about getting something for that.

5. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Nick. I will give you the perfect brush for that. Its one I had ken bring over for me from Mr wibberly at raceglaze.

sent using my thumbs, mispelling most words

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Just use a mitt for behind the spokes. By far the easiest way to clean that area.

7. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Thats what i have been using, green kermit wash mit from Chemical guys...... or shit even a Demoted microfiber towel

8. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

you able to attach the broken ez brush to a drill and use it to clean the wheels?

9. bryansbestwax

10. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Who warrantied it for you?

11. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

Now i must have one lol

12. bryansbestwax

and they last FOREVER

13. sikedsyko

sikedsyko DB Forum Supporter

Man I've had my EZ Detail brush for almost a year and haven't had any problems. I am very careful about putting to much stress onto the brush though. The wire does bend pretty easily.

14. PhilMiranda

PhilMiranda Virgin Detailer

Your supposed to clean the rims, not beat them with the brush!! Rim=1 EZ Brush=0 :sorry:

15. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

The funny thing is I actually keep one bent and one straight so I don't have to bend them and put stress on the wire all the time.

16. I've had the wooden handled wheel brush from DD for over two years now and have never had a problem with it.

17. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

I had one break too, replaced with the red one - Daytona? anyway, seems tougher.

18. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

That's why we sell the same brush now as well. Way better quality for half the price.

19. Swanicyouth

Swanicyouth Two Bucket System Washer

I keep waiting for mine to break where the handle meets the rod. The large one is getting flimsy there. I have the large Daytona and two little Daytonas. However, the brush is so convenient and works so well, I think I would just buy another one. I use it on rotor hats, behind spokes, for wheel wells, on and under running boards, and for mud flaps. I just bought a set of Wheel Woolies but haven't used them yet. I though they might be good to clean the wheels with at the end of a rinseless wash.

CarPro USA also sells the single large wheel woolie is anyone is interested. The 2 smaller ones are kind of too small to clean wheels with IMHO. .

20. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

bryansbestwax, where can you get that brush?