Not impressed with the EZ detail brushes

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by BoostedMk6, Dec 3, 2012.

1. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

[​IMG]

This is now the third one that broke on me this year. First two were the larger ones, the latest is the smaller version. This one was only a few months old - if you look at the bristles they still look new. I take care of all my tools and never swing the brushes by the handle to dry them. I also don't use any wheel acids.

The brushes work excellent but if I have to replace them every couple months it's just not worth it.

2. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

well you aren't supposed to clean toilets with them nick

3. Rocket01

Rocket01 Birth of a Detailer

It's not broken it's just one of the new ones with the removable handle feature.

Everyone that I have seen breaks in the exact same place. I've had mine for over a year and it's still fine. I don't seem to use it as much now that I have the Wheel Woolies

4. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

Isn't that what everyone uses them for?

In all seriousness I have brushes from the dollar store that last longer then these "Made in U.S.A" brushes.

5. SoCal Garage

SoCal Garage DB Forum Supporter

6. EbbeJ

EbbeJ Jedi Nuba

Get some wheel woolies, they are really well made.

7. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Mine broke 2 days ago...breaks so you buy a new one, so our technicians can have a job...

8. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Crap, I just bought one! Don't these have some kind of warranty? I had the wooden Uber one before and gave it to a friend since he bought a new car.

9. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Why use these when wheel willies are superior?

10. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Because they are double the price?

11. rjd598

rjd598 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I have had mine for a year and its just like day one

12. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

Mine haven't broken yet, but I barely use them since I hate how much splash back there is from using them. When I use the larger version, my arms are usually covered in specks of dirt. I stick to the RG XL wheel brush or generic long handle brush instead.

13. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

I have not used them, I bought the full set of authentic Wheel Woolies as well, but here is something worth trying...GG MF Brush 2 set $16.99 is cheaper than the large EZ brush...

Also, this one I have tried and although haven't gotten to use it very much, I do appreciate the quality and comfort! and for $10, hard to beat! Chemical Guys 'Gerbil' MF Wheel Brush

14. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

I agree. I would have picked those up also but the price is just retarded for what you are actually getting.

Sucks to see the EZ brush break on you. Hope mine doesn't break.

15. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

You can get the large wheel woolie from Griots in the US and Autoobsessed in Canada for $25. Cheaper than an EZ and lasts longer.

16. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

The build quality is good enough to justify the price. If you don't detail full time, your friends will steal them before you wear them out. I've been using my large one DAILY for over a year and it's no where near done yet. If you've bought 2 EZ's, you've paid more than a set of Woolies. Just get em. If you don't like em, I'll buy them from you. :)

17. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

How much is the first, second and third EZ brush? Id rather spend more knowing its not going to break under normal useage then constantly break them and have to pay to replace it.

Someone once said on here, don't look a the price of it, look at what it does for you.

Im going on 3 years with my woolies, used it maybe 50 times. No problems at all.

18. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Look at it as value rather than price.

Lasts longer and works better.

19. React

React Birth of a Detailer

Exactly. Just broke my small EZ detail in the same spot as everyone else (less than a year of use) and switched over to wheel woolies.

20. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

I don't mind spending a few more bucks for something that will last. But the problem with the woolies is that they aren't flexible. I need something bendable to clean behind the spokes.