Not Happy with first detail....

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by NickBlaine, Mar 13, 2013.

1. vegas911gts

vegas911gts Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Jetseal sucks. I'd skip it or use a better sealant. If you polish the car properly you don't need to use black light. Black light is like a glaze. Use it when there's a few scratches, but not enough to warrant machine polishing.

2. NickBlaine

NickBlaine Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Here are some recent pictures of some spots. Car had some clear pealing on one of the doors, so it went to the dealer for warranty work :shakehead:

I know there were still some small imperfections, but I wanted to kill the body shop manager when I went to pick up my car. His response was " Well it is black, but if you want I can go get a buffer and buff on those spots a little."

I called corporate, and left a message with a case manager I have worked with before.

On to the horror pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That passenger fender sustained the most damage. It was just painted about a month ago, thanks to an uninsured woman who decided to merge into traffic from a side street.

3. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Good choice, this is what Im using on both my cars. Could not be more happy. too me some trial and error and realized S&S is the key, coming from Cquartz I was pleased.

I top it with Aquartz Reload ( some people say its not needed) But I will tell you the beading and sheeting is exponentially amplified over straight HB.

4. NickBlaine

NickBlaine Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Well I finally got another night off, and figured now would be as good a time as any to correct all the dealer scratched on my car. I must say, the Meg's MF pads are much easier to use than the Uber foam pad for compounding. I'm loving the fg400 also.
    The only thing that I have noticed, is there are still a couple deeper scratches here and there. I can easily take care of all the swirls, but the deeper marks I am a bit wary to try and get out. I didn't want to make too many passes. I have taken a few pictures of before and afters, and will post them up when I am all finished, and will also be sending them to the dealer.