NOOB Use colonite 845 or 476s

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by young_buck, Dec 1, 2008.

1. RamSus

RamSus Jedi Nuba

I applied my Collinite in the following order:

1. 915
    2. 845
    3. 476

Mind you, I applied them one month apart (Sept, Oct, Nov) & my car beads like crazy.
    The reason I pplied them in the above order because that's the order I purchased them.
    At first, I purchased 915 & after I applied it, I read so many rave reviews about 845 after which I just decided to add 476 to the mix & now, I have added 885, which I haven't applied it.

2. akimel

akimel Birth of a Detailer

I think it's fair to say that your car has been thoroughly Collinited!

3. RamSus

RamSus Jedi Nuba

LOL.........You're absolutely correct.....Funny this is that I've never heard of Collinite until last May 2008.

4. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

From your original pics, that looks very similar to the roof, front bumper, rear bumper and wheel arches on my Audi allroad - black matte paint finish. I remember asking the same question about these finishes. Best I've collected is don't polish them, I personally haven't used any traditional sealants/waxes on it, and don't let machines get close to this paint (tape it off!). So, what to do. I usually use a more durable spray wax/sealant such as Duraglos AquaWax or Prima Hydro every couple months. Spray on, wipe off. Hope this helps.

5. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

What do you guys think about the 845 not lasting winter road grime? Now I'm having second thoughts on ordering two bottles of 845. Maybe I should change it to one tin of 476 and a bottle of 845?