newb Question

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Antone, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Antone

Antone Virgin Detailer

Can you explain to me in simple terms, on how to remove the swirlies ? I don't have any of the good stuff you guys use, but i'm sure the stuff I buy off the auto wash truck will work lol

I see the pics of the car's most of you do, and you have mirror image results..I plan on doing my own, car, and I want to remove all the swirl marks

Do I just get some swirl remover, apply it, and the buff it out, then follow up with some compound ? ( way I was told )

If someone can help me out I would appreciate it !:help:

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

First thing is you need to establish if you are doing this by hand or machine.

3. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

theres lot of valuable information if you look around this site. what are your goals, time constraints, budget, etc?

4. Antone

Antone Virgin Detailer

Usually the dealers want the cars done in 3 hours time limit..

I am doing this by machine..quickest way would be easier for me since they want the car's done on 3 hour budget.

5. edwinbong

so you're doing this for a dealership? 3 hours is not much time to get a lot done

6. PhoTuGo

PhoTuGo Jedi Nuba

Yeah three hours is not enough time, heck a "simple" wash takes an hour or two sometimes o_O

7. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

:agree:

:crasy: people aren't we?

8. Antone

Antone Virgin Detailer

I usually get it done in 3 hours..but the work you guys do are crazyyyy..amazing stuff lol..compared to me

I do simple things..quick stuff lol

It takes me about half hour to wash the car, and dry it..then an hour or so vacuuming and extracting
    then about half hour to dress up the interior, then about an hour to wax

Thats the only things I do lol

I want to see how I can get the swirlies removed the quickest way..just so I can see the difference of the vehicles

9. edwinbong

sounds like you would be more interested in a glaze which fills the swirls "quickly". but the results will not last. there is no quick way to removing swirls. for optimum results it would be something like a 3 step process. the amount of work put in will show in the results...so unfortunately there are no shortcuts but hey thats what makes us who we are!

10. Antone

Antone Virgin Detailer

That is very true lol...I wish I had more time with the cars so I can perform better work..But doing them quick is ok also I guess. they like the results

About the glaze, will that make the car shine alot ? or just a waste of time ?

Also how would I apply it and take it off ?