New Tropi-Care Tire Dressing

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Dust2Glory, Sep 4, 2009.

1. stottie

stottie Birth of a Detailer

where do you buy this tropi care in gallons i can only find the smaller sizes?? thanks

2. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Anyone know the discount code for T-C?

3. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

10offtc

4. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

After comparing both and really thinking about it, I prefer the original version over the new one.

5. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I am on the fence, I like the satin finish of the new one but then some days I like the matte look of the old. It does make a good wheel line spray though.

6. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

Tropi Care Tire Dressing

Comes with a free foam app too!

7. akimel

akimel Birth of a Detailer

I just applied the Tropi-Care White Pearl tire dressing last weekend to my car. I wax expecting to like it a lot, but I have to say that I was a tad disappointed. I thought I preferred a matte look on my S2K but perhaps I do not. I need to try it again, of course, and I'll be trying it on the larger tires of my wife's CR-V, too. But at the moment I have to say that on my S2K I prefer Mother's Reflections. It too gives a matte look but with just a touch (just a touch) of gloss.

8. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

did you apply 1 coat or 2? did you buff off or just apply and walk away?

9. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Tropi-care dressing is nice. I actually mixed the new version with the old version and it looks good. I'll try and get some pics up this weekend.

10. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

My gallon did not come with a foam applicator :(

11. dankfanatic

dankfanatic Guest

i bought a gallon and it came with a foam app and a sample of the sunburst sealant! woooT!

12. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

I got the sunbirst sample, and the pump for the gallon. But no foam applicator! I'll double check the box tonight but I'm fairly certain there was no foam app in there.

13. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

@slanguage: How did that mixture work for you?

I prefer the "original" version over the thicker "new" version. The new version is just too thick IMO, and doesn't spread easily, well at least not as easy as CG VRP.

But the original stuff is definitely a keeper. Reminds me of FK1 #108, but seems to last longer

14. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

It worked good. It was a 50/50 mixture of the old and new version. I sprayed it on the tire, let it set for 1-2 minutes then spread around the tire with a foam app to get even coverage. I like it.

15. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

Hmm.....I'll have to mix up a batch and try it out. I do like the scent of the "new" formula, it could be a best of both worlds situation

16. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I got a gallon pump when I bought a gallon of the original...

17. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Update: there will indefinately by two tire dressings, the latter will not be until a dent is put in the special 100 gallon discount... I got a sample of it, and its thick like lotion and def has a glossy look....

My methodology, v.1 on darker colors so the tires don't stand out above the depthm

V.2 on brighter colors especially with flake.... Just adds to the pop of the vehicle

18. akimel

akimel Birth of a Detailer

Here is what I did: I applied a coat to each tire using an Eagle One applicator. I then moved the car in order to dress the bald spot on each tire and I wiped each with the applicator.

19. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

That's exactly what I did and I liked the results much more than v2 by itself, but not as much as v1 by itself. The original is still king. :graduation:

20. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I should mix the two and see what happens, I do like v2 as it is more satin, but also found that it makes for a good fender liner dressing that last a decent amount of time. Will have to mix the two and see how I like it tomorrow.