New Tropi-Care Tire Dressing

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Dust2Glory, Sep 4, 2009.

1. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

I agree, thanks D2G for the help and being in communication with Tropi-Care. Def looking forward to the comparison between the two before i pull the trigger on my tropi order

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Thanks Michael, good to hear that the forum's favorite isn't going anywhere anytime soon!

3. Solidsnake

Solidsnake Jedi Nuba

That isn't that bad, I must've under estimated the brand.

4. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

TC is great company. I have now fallen in love with there dressing, and love the Citrus Pre-Wash.

5. froboy272

yep those have been sitting in my online cart waiting for me to pull the trigger. im just debating if i should get their plastic polish as well, or if i should try plexus, or blackfire.

6. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Dont forget the coupon code for 10% off, 10offtc. I would trust all there products to work as said.

7. Greg Nichols

Greg Nichols Birth of a Detailer

how about a tire dressing that last months?

Cheers,
    GREG

8. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

That would be awesome.

9. richguy66

richguy66 DB Forum Supporter

Is there an ETA for the new version?

10. Greg Nichols

Greg Nichols Birth of a Detailer

11. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

12. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

hey guys just wanted to give ya'll an update, I haven't forgotten about you 4 samples. I am in the process of making my house ready to sell so I have been a little more than busy, I will have quotes by tomorrow afternoon and have them boxed and ready to go

13. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Thanks for the update, no rush, whenever you get a chance!

14. froboy272

really curious to see the difference between the 2 tropi's. good luck with the sale of your home btw.

15. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

No problem man. Selling your house? Would you consider trading it for some RBOE? :chips:

16. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Just got the tire dressing in the mail with the citrus wash, I will try it out this weekend and post up some pics comparing to two. Thanks again!

17. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Ok, so I could not wait and thought might as well try it out and take some starter pics. Try to take some better ones this weekend.

Left is the new stuff, right is the ver we all have come to love: (Left and right of the P in Sport)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New Ver:
    [​IMG]

Old Ver:
    [​IMG]

Observations:

In thickness they are almost the same, the new version is just a little bit thicker but not by much it still can be used in a spray bottle.

The older version gave a nice matte finish and the newer version gives that same matte look but has a little something extra, it makes the tire a little more deep black looking and a little more shine, would call it a satin finish and not pure matte.

I actually like the look of the new stuff but think that both look great and if they do release the new version it will be loved by many as well.

18. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Jedi Nuba

Hmmm well after looking at it on agpatels tires, it looks like the same look I get from optibond at 1:1.....i guess im not so excited after all especially considering the pricepoint

19. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

Agreed.

20. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I will have to take some better pics, but it is close to the look of 102+ but just a tad bit more gloss, like I said I would call it a satin look. But if this last last as long as 102+ then it is better than Opti-Bond as Tropi-Care has some great durability. Almost if not the same as SV, which is the longest lasting water based tire dressing out there pretty much.