New Tropi-Care Tire Dressing

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Dust2Glory, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Jedi Nuba

Looks pretty damn greasy

Is it waterbased?

For my own personal car I love the high shine of solvent based dressing but cant stand the grime of it, which is why I use water based dressings (optibond). If I could get a waterbased dressing (that dries to the touch) that has the shine of a solvent based dressing I d be a happy man.

Just wondering if this stuff dries up or stays greasy.

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

TC is water based stuff, or it could not be water diluted.

3. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Jedi Nuba

Duhhh........I knew that............

Anyways, to D2G, is it greasy. I didnt see you answer that

Ive never gotten sling from any water based dressing (so far)

4. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

No its not greasy..... The only time I got sling is when I did two coats of the stuff... I will feel it again in the morning and update ya

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I've noticed that. I think Pneu also lasts up to 3 weeks, but considering it's price ($20 for 250ml) it better last a while at that price. SV Pneu smells lovely too.

6. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

That price is insane. Makes no sense (to me) when Tropi-Care is available and looks amazing.

7. akimel

akimel Birth of a Detailer

Which is precisely why Tropi-Care had better continue to sell the original formula of White Pearl tire dressing. It has a product that creates a look that is, apparently, indistinguishable from a boutique product that is considerably more expensive. That is a great selling point.

8. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

i would gladly pay for a sample size of both the old and new formulas. i was really close to buying a gallon of the original a few weeks ago but haven't gotten around to it since id like to pick up a few other things from them to make the shipping worth it.

9. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I have a gallon of the original stuff and cannot see what could be better. It being thin means I can put it in a bottle with Viton head and spray a bit on the tire, then some on my foam applicator and it's perfection.

10. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I really really like optibond... but it's durability isn't quite where I'd like it...

11. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I still have SV Pneu and use it from time to time. It smells soooo goooooood, I love that smell.

12. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

D2G, please do tell the Tropi-Care guys to keep making the original version. That stuff ROCKS. It lasts better than any other water-based dressing I've used. And, it looks perfect. Just like new tires at a tire store. I keep trying others, and keep finding them to be inferior.

13. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Tropi care has a few items I really wanna try. I have heard nothing but great things about the original, I can only imagine how well the V2 will be

14. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

A little goes such a long way on the original version, I have no idea how long it will take me to use up my entire gallon! I find myself re-dressing the tires just after a few days of driving!

15. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

16. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

wow guess maybe that 1st pic was looking greasy b/c of the flash. look at this one:

[​IMG]

17. Cooter

Cooter Guest

The car looks great Dust. Thats a great color!!

18. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Jedi Nuba

Nevermind, it must have been the flash. That looks exactly like what I want.

GIMME A GALLON!!!

19. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

"It has come to our attention that there has been ongoing discussion
    concerning our water based Tropi Care "White Pearl" Tire/Trim Dress. In
    the past we have developed several variances of this particular formula,
    only one is in the current marketplace. Another version is in field
    testing but no plans for its release have been made at this time. Rest
    assured, we will continue to offer the existing "White Pearl" Dress.

I'm trying to get steve to put 103+ into production as I feel it will rival both opti-bond and meg's HD

20. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Good that he is keeping the org on the market, I do like it alot. Like I said I will do side by side on the new vs. old versions on my two front tires so they get equal wear environments to compare how they look after a few days and week. If you could get the look of the current but in more thicker formula, just a little, it would be great.

Thank again d2g for the opportunity to try it out!