New to forum, collection pics

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by fricker66, Jul 3, 2009.

1. RustyBumper

RustyBumper Jedi Nuba

Seeing your pics makes me miss my SHO. I had a 93 White SHO, just like the one that is parked next to yours. Mine had the grey interior with white wheels. Don't let the looks of one fool you, they scream!! Just before I sold mine, I went to the SHO Shop in LA and had alot of work done on it. :D

Your car looks great! What have you done to it?

2. fricker66

fricker66 Birth of a Detailer

Another SHO fan huh? Mine is an 89 with around 160k miles. Have done plenty of work to it. Only SHO Shop items are their rear strut bar and subframe connectors. Otherwise, most of the other upgrades have been suspension related, 91 Slicer wheels and a police grill. I still love it and drive it about everyday.

Again, thanks for all the compliments on the garage. I have since installed a few more items and will need to provide some additional pics to show the full layout. I am still struggling to find a suitable answer for the wall to floor trim. As you can see in the pics, I still have the rough edging on the walls and need to find some sort of trim to install. There is about a 2" concrete ledge running along the outer walls. I don't have the same ledge along the front wall and would likely need to rip whatever trim product I use. Any thoughts on a usuable product?

3. Solidsnake

Solidsnake Jedi Nuba

Stuff looks dope man. Welcome to DB.

4. fricker66

Had a chance this afternoon to snap a few more pictures of the supply collection along with additional Gladiator storage solutions in the garage. Thought I'd share:

Another view of the 30" cabinets along with the fold down work cabinet
    [​IMG]

More wall track and hangers. Mostly detailing brushes and odds and ends
    [​IMG]

This section towards the end of the garage is for my son's toys. I wanted him to have his items near the door so that he doesn't end up walking past the cars with his toys, etc.
    [​IMG]

My compressed air solution is currently an older Emglo compressor and a 50' reel of hose. Won't be running any major tools with this but perfect for small tasks and airing up tires, etc. Just used a couple of items from Lowe's to make the shelf.
    [​IMG]

Collection keeps taking up more and more space in the cabinets :)
    [​IMG]

5. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

Very cool garage you got there dude :thumb:

6. fricker66

Got a recent shipment from Phil:
    [​IMG]

Yes, finally went for my first product with the infamous Swissvax lineup:
    [​IMG]

As most of the cars I want to use this on are daily drivers, I went with the Shield wax. I still have that aching to purchase Concorso in the near future. But for now, I can't wait to try this out!
    [​IMG]

Thanks Phil for the quick shipment and excellent customer service.

7. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

nice stuff

8. anticubicle

anticubicle Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I am incredibly jealous of your garage!

9. evolutionwc3

evolutionwc3 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Sweet garage, stable of vehicles, and product arsenal !! I grew up in oakville and my parents still live off of telegraph road. If you ever see a -60ish male cruising around in a '70 chevelle SS that's my old man.

10. fricker66

Had to use a recent gift certificate to Chemical Guys that I got during the Holidays.
    [​IMG]

Love the SoFast Odor eater and can't wait to try the Diablo Gel and other products!

Thanks for the recent compliments on the garage. I am looking to add to the lighting this spring as part of the annual projects!

11. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Glad you got Swissvax..for a minute I thought you were married to CG and Griot. BTW Concorso is awesome and unreal garage.

12. fricker66

Ok, so here's another non-CG or Griot product! Not sure why I'm stocking up on so many wheel cleaners but purchased this bottle of Bilberry from Barrym here on the forum. Guess I'm just ready for spring and to start getting my filthy cars cleaned up from this winter!

[​IMG]

13. AndyJ_o

AndyJ_o Virgin Detailer

i like the garage setup you have going on, welcome!

14. fricker66

Got around to doing some correction and detailing on my wife's I35 this weekend. Used Swissvax Shield and looking forward to seeing how it does on our daily drivers.
    [​IMG]

Also detailed the SHO using Shield as well. Next up will be the BMW but time and certainly energy just wasn't there for the current weekend!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

its very neat n nice garage dude ... awesome ...

16. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

good god. nice collection man and that's one slick garage as well.