New to foam gun/ foam cannon

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Matt Tse, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Matt Tse

Matt Tse Virgin Detailer

I read a lot of different opinions about if you need to wipe down your car with wash mitt or not when you are using a foam gun / foam cannon. The Yes and NO are 50/50..I just want to have a more definite answer or the good/bad about it

What do you guys think?

Thanks

2. kyle butler

kyle butler Birth of a Detailer

Im going to say yes. The foam gives a nice lubrication layer, and can loosen up some of the dirt on your car. If you simply foamed, then rinsed off your car wont be anywhere near as clean if you gave it an actual wash, with the help of the foam gun. So yes, i always use my mitt.

3. bigaudiofanatic

bigaudiofanatic Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Yes, I use the foam gun to give me a extra layer to help lift the dirt off the paint as I wash.

4. BigDreZ28

BigDreZ28 Jedi Nuba

agreed...I like to foam, let dwell, high pressure rinse to blast away loose heavy dirt, then foam up again and start the two bucket wash

5. Matt Tse

Matt Tse Virgin Detailer

Great info guys.

Thanks!

6. random

random Any Rag Vehicle Washer

In theory, one could use both techniques. Foam first, then spray off, foam again, and now wash with a mitt. It's probably excessive, but I suppose that's subjective.

7. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

I consider foam good when using it to strip the paint (soap mixed with APC). For general maintenance washes on maintained paint, the value is less but it is inexpensive fun and looks cool.