New Product from Optimum - Opti-Clean

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by detailersdomain, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Chris@Optimum

Chris@Optimum DB Certified Manufacturer

It fills a gap for some and others will have no use for it. Basically it goes between a QD and a rinseless...if you have the need.

2. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

ah ok. i dont see the point then, when you can just do an ONR wash.

3. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

I do agree with you, in fact there are times when you could use a 'waterless' system but a full ONR rinseless wash would be quicker and easier, not to mention safer. But if this matches the effectiveness of an ONR wash without any additional effort, it will be a winner.

4. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I use a waterless product as a drying aid or as a spot cleaner like on door jabs during a wash. It usually has no added gloss, etc.

I just bought some adam's waterless to try (had used PB and DP versions). I will have to wait to get the Opti-Clean.

5. Chris@Optimum

I agree that if you can do a ONR then you may not justify another product in the ever-growing collection, but think of this: You can carry around a bottle of Opticlean and a few MFs in the trunk and wash any where...any time, no bucket and no water. If you are taking a road trip, highway driving bugs, or any number of other "away from home" situations, this is a real winner. It is faster than doing an ONR wash, but you have to know when you need and ONR vs a spray and wipe. I have seen many threads that praise ONR working well on filthy cars, but this product was designed to compliment your wash practices, not replace the regular washing.

Bunky: The opticlean betas looked like it did add gloss, very comparable to the first version of ONR.

6. crew219

crew219 Birth of a Detailer

This product really sounds like ONR @ QD strength.

7. Chris@Optimum

ONR @ QD is 15:1, OptiClean is 3:1...how exactly does it "sound like ONR @ QD strength?"

8. ltebow34

ltebow34 Birth of a Detailer

Alot of guys use Optimum QD for interior dustings when diluted.

It sound exactly like ONR to me(ONR is awesome) at Quick Detail ratio. I would bet the smell is different but the system is just the same. Thats why it is cautioned to just use ONR anyway if it too dirty because like any QD sprays, youre gonna swirl or scratch if you try to remove too heavy of dirts with spray and wipe products.

I think the reason it added gloss is because it picked up dirt into towels, we all know even light dirty cars don't have as much gloss as no dust cars.

We can just as easy(and same result I bet) carry ONR with 1 capful(or even less than I use) per litre water in a spray bottle for bird mess and bugs etc

I always look through marketing and this sound just like ONR but with different directions. Probably same polymer with different scent and color.

Integrity I know you recommend and use OPT but there is more to products than just what he/they say, I can read between the lines..I dont mean to be rude when i say this though :).

9. Chris@Optimum

No offense taken, and certainly marketing can help sale stuff to you that you don't "need," but I stated early on that this product would fill a gap for some while others would have no use for it. The only thing I intended to address was that this is not repackaged ONR. Chemically, from my limited understanding, the technologies behind ONR and OID were used as a base for a completely new product...not merely mixing the two existing retail products, but effectively creating a "new" product to fill a void that other companies are already having success in. My response to the "sounds like ONR at QD stregnth comment." 8oz per gallon is a 15:1 ratio much lower than the advertised 3:1 ratio for the Opticlean. Even if I hadn't beta tested it for myself, that is significantly more actives than ONR at QD strength from a common sense approach.

10. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

I am up for a product like this. I have been using PB SW and HD Free for cleaning my cars before and after putting on the car covers. If this is a substitute for these products then I am up for a try :)

11. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

i agree sounds like onr.........................buuuuuutttttt

has optimum disapointed us on a product yet? not me and i think own them all so this will warrant further review atleast

12. Chris@Optimum

I think a foam cannon or even a foam gun is counter productive with these types of products. I cannot see any logical reason to use it that way and it seems wasteful.

13. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

ONR absolutely kills the suds in a foam cannon. Ask me how I know...

14. Chris@Optimum

I didn't mean to doubt you, but a fine mist sprayer or HVLP would do the same application, much cheaper. I would think the the steam would keep the polymers from bonding. If I'm wrong I will certainly admit it, but you were asking if anyone agreed...