New Method of Washing?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by littlemissGTO, Jan 25, 2008.

1. littlemissGTO

littlemissGTO Welcome to Detailing

Quoted from another board. One word has been changed to protect the innocent. What do you guys think?

2. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

I think your shin is harder then a sheepskin mitt and can't hold soap w/ water like your mitt can.

I also think this would take much longer with your hand, then with a mitt.

How do you get the dirt to release off of your hand?

3. littlemissGTO

I'm a firm believer in the two bucket method. I just quoted it to see what you guys though.

4. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

wow using the bare hand to wash the car...errrrrrrrrrr :p no thank you! :D

5. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Even if the the 'wash' contains a surfactant without a 'holding place' i.e. fibre's you will be abrading the paint with the dirt trapped between the hand and the paint surface. Much the same argument against using a non-absorbent sponge

I think I'll pass

6. littlemissGTO

I'm sticking with my buckets and mitts. I can't wait to park next to this person after I've detailed my car.

7. Cooter

Cooter Guest

+1 with TOGWT's comments. It seems you'd just be pushing the dirt across the paint between your fingers and the clear coat. I'd like to see what the finish of this guys car looks like.

8. littlemissGTO

When I get a chance to this summer I'll get some photos.

9. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Whether you're rubbing on the paint with your hands or a mitt, aren't you still rubbing dirt on the paint?

10. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

No No No, don't wash your paint with your hand, that's crazy. Always use a mitt.....:duh:

11. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Wash your car with your hands. No, just your hands. No water or anything. Just dry rubbing the paint with your bare skin. It'll be EXCELLENT!!!

12. Cooter

Cooter Guest

I think i'm gonna go try that!!!! Just think. No need to worry about cold water!:lala:

13. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Most car wash concentrates contain a surfactant (this 'lifts' the dirt from the surface) washing with a medium that has fibres, the dirt will be lifted and stay in the fibres until you rinse. With flat hands there is nowhere for the dirt to go, hence it will be trapped between the hand and the paint surface, causing scratches