New Menzerna polishes...

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by P1et, Dec 3, 2010.

1. detail addiction

detail addiction DB Pro Supporter

I was fortunate enough to try a sample of a product coming soon I hope from Menzerna earlier this week. It is a compound that has more cut and leaves a better finish than power gloss. I had made some complaints about how power gloss does not cut or finish as well as 105. I was brought this sample to try it next to 105 and 3m. I used it with several different sanding scenarios and I must say that there is a good difference. It removed more and left a finish that was close to 105. I am hopefully getting a bigger sample soon and I will be able to do more work with it and I will post my findings.

2. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

Yes, I forgot to say that it smells very bad of the petroleum distilate, and very similar to 3M fast cut+. I guess that Menzerna have been looking at a great product on the market (3M FC+)
    and wanted to make a better product. I think that they have succeeded.

I have not seen it in the UK yet.

Well, it cant be S500 since its heavy on solvents and will not pass the VOC. All I can say is S500 cuts fast, hard and will leave a nice gloss for such a heavy compound.

3. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Jedi Nuba

LOL Ken :applause2:

4. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

They have made wood polishes as well as metal polishes for a while now.

5. Rickrack

Rickrack DB Pro Supporter

I have used the S500 Fast Gloss on some wetsnding jobs with great luck. It cuts pretty quickly and leaves a nice finish for a compound. It does smell similar to fast Cut Plus and will give you a headache after using it for a while. I wasn't all that impressed with the S100 Power Gloss...

I might have a couple small bottles left I'd be willing to sell if I can find them.