New Glass cleaner..Zep

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Al-53, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

I was at Home Depot Tuesday to get some grass seed...i went to the cleaning dept to see if the Sprayway glass cleaner was on sale....I seen a new Zep glass cleaner called Zep commercial...so I grabbed one to try...it's a 24oz can for 2.97 also have it in gallon size concentrate for 9.98...1 gallon makes 32 gallons of window cleaner...non ammoniated also..safe for tints....

Now I get home and grab a few Mf towels and try it on my glass in the truck...it cut some serious road grime on my back sliding window....did all the windows next...spotless...not a streak seen while driving that night with oncoming headlights...crystal clear...

Yesterday I did the lower house windows with it..they had the typical winter blah's on them...even though they had AW on them ..I use AW on my windows after cleaning...lol...but any ways the Zep took off the water stains...and crud like no other spray I used...so its a keeper for me...I am getting the gallon of concentrate today...

Now I have used the IG...NXT glass cleaner....Sprayway my favorite....and a few others...and I will say the Zep did a great job over all....

I also got a bottle of the Clorox earth friendly APC..have not tried it yet...but smells good..lol....

Give the Zep Glass cleaner a shot ..see for your self...

here is the link to them...the top one is the concentrate..the bottom one is the spray...the middle one is ammoniated so forget that one for tint....

Zep Commercial | Products

this link is Home depot link to it....the ones I am talking about are on the bottom left

No Results

passed my test and i am hard to please

Al

2. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

Sounds like a good product. Thanks a lot for reminding me that I need to clean all the windows and glass sliding doors on my house. That's an all day job for sure.

3. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Interesting review there, might have to go pick up a bottle to try myself.

4. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

Al, do you think its best to use distilled water with the concentrated version?

5. Al-53

yes....I would use nothing but distilled water....I will grab a few jugs at wal mart also....you want a mineral free water in any product you dilute...also if you have city water the chlorine or chloramine in it will streak or leave a dull look if used with diluting any APC or QD
    AL

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Excellent review! I did the windows on the new house a few days ago, but it left streaking. Might pick some of this up and give it a go.

This in my new US Plastics chemically resistant sprayers and I'll be in clean window heaven...

7. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

Good Review Al ....

8. Al-53

Oh...I forgot to mention...it smells like mint ..and the foam is real clingy and does not run..and the spray does not fly all over the place..its a point and shoot and it goes there

Al

9. gmblack3

Al, The word must be out already here. I went to HD and they where out of the 1 gallon jug. :(

So I picked up a 24oz can to give it a try. :)

10. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

TWSS :)

So sprayaway is still better?

11. Al-53

Phil....I have not used the Zep enough yet to say whats better over all..but what I used it for so far has been outstanding....cleaned some serious grime ....I am going to do my kids windows in the Volvo...I will split the car ..Sprayway one half ..Zep the other half...his windows are filthy also...must be the bong and blunts ...lol....

put it this way...I went back to get a aerator for the lawn and I bought a gallon and 2 spray cans of it...lol

Al

12. jsatek

jsatek Birth of a Detailer

Got the gallon of window cleaner and the gallon of hardwood floor cleaner for years. ZEP is great stuff.

13. Al-53

I have been using the traficc lane cleaner and extractor soap for awhile now and it does as good as the expensive stuff I bought ...both under 10.00 a gallon and they have enymes in it also to rid odors..my son is taking the Mytee to work to do his bosses lexus that he split milk in 2 weeks ago...and using the ZEP products on it...

Zep is some serious good stuff so far...and great on the pockets...get the Commercial strength stuff over the regular stuff...

AL

14. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Great tip Al. I have to go to HD tomorrow so I will check out the Zep Glass Cleaner. If its cheaper and easier to get than NXT Glass Cleaner then we have a winner :)

15. devast8

devast8 New Member

I love there APC and Citrus Cleaner

I will try that next time I there, even though I have like 3 can of IG and 1 can of Sprayway lol

16. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Which one of those two did you buy? Ammonia free concentrate or Streak free glass cleaner?

17. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

LOL

So one gallon of concentrate makes 32 gallons? I will definetely pick some of this up when I get the chance. :thumb:

18. gmblack3

Al, I used the spray can this am on the beater that had been sitting outside before work. The glass was wet and I was using an older MF. I found the sprayer to have a wide pattern, next time I will hold the can closer for a more direct stream.

The windows seamed streak free on the way into work when still dark. I'll have a good look again on the way home, when I should have some sun.

19. Al-53

The Ammonia free one....its tint safe.....and use distilled or DI water for the mix....

AL

20. NoStreaks

NoStreaks Virgin Detailer

Nice to hear my fellow DB'ers talking about cleaning glass. I've been a Stoner Invisible Glass man for a long time now, but I have used various Zep products and they have always performed well. You raise a good point Al-53 by noting that it is available in a concentrate which makes it very cost effective.