New Festool Shinex Polisher is awesome!!! :)

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Paul Dalton aka Miracle, May 22, 2009.

1. blackjz

blackjz Jedi Nuba

how much is it in oz?

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

In Australia? and not available here. Thats just wrong!

3. Solidsnake

Solidsnake Jedi Nuba

Wow, they actually look impressive. Would you actually prefer them over the Makita though?

4. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

Paul Dalton aka Miracle DB Pro Supporter

I have two Makitas (Brand new) which I won't be using again, Festools are the only way from now. :thumb:

5. Solidsnake

Solidsnake Jedi Nuba

Really?! I've seen you do some amazing work with a makita! This Festools must be amazing then.

I have yet to get my first Makita.. I don't think I'm ready for it yet though. But I'm going on a Euro-trip and when I'm in England I'll drop by and see whats what.

6. Chris_

Chris_ Virgin Detailer

The online shops down here have them for $759.00 AU and we have 240V connectors

I do like it a lot better then the Makita, I have just off loaded the Metabo so definatly put the Makita down in the spare machine shelf.

911Fanatic - Firstly I noticed its your birthday. So happy Birthday to you.

you are no more amazed then me that we have them available before your market. I think if they sold one to every detailer and woodworker in Australia they would still only total 1% of your market. But who am I to complain Im just a humble detailer............

Chris

7. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

Love to get my hands on one........

8. Chris_

Chris_ Virgin Detailer

Today I thought was a pretty good workout for the Shinex, it was 33' celcius and damn hot with what felt like a even hotter wind. I worked my way round 2 cars, not big correction jobs, but still had the buff going most of the day and a lot or work was done at the slower speeds. One of the cars had a sticky clear and i could feel the shinex pushing pretty hard to maintain the slower revs. I really wanted to see if it would stop like the Metabo's do when they get warm/hot. But no......... there was no stopping it, I think I would have thrown in the towel before this machine. LOL

Chris

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Oooh good to know Chris, good to know. I can't wait to get my hands on mine :woo: :woo:

10. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Have you already ordered one? From where?

11. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

My first question would be, how are they compared to the Flex rotary. Mine is SO loud!!!!!

Andy

12. BimmerSean

BimmerSean Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Okay guys...
    This is my first post, so excuse me if I'm not up on the abbreviations and the lingo. Has anyone got the Shinex Rap 150 rotary and the Rap 80.02 here in the states? Looking at the Festool site shows the Shinex in 240 and 110 volts, so that shouldn't be a problem here. I don't think they ship to the States though? Carlos, did you get yours from Paul? How can I do the same? I appreciate your help in advance? Please email me at bimmersales@comcast.net with any info that you think may help me.

Thanks again,
    Sean....................

13. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

Just spent some time on the phone with Festool NA. These tools are not avail her - not UL approved:( Too bad because ergomoically, they look great!!!

Andy

14. BimmerSean

BimmerSean Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thank you...I found a place in Florida that sells a lot of their stuff. They are called Jamestown Distributors. Maybe they know something or at least can put me in the right direction..By the way,how can I get rid of the Virgin Detailer title since I've been detailing cars for 14 years now?

15. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Post...Post....Post :)

16. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Be happy they changed it from "any rag vehicle washer"

17. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

And, the pic of the tools Paul is using - the green cord - is designed exclusively so that it does not damage car finish.

Nice!!!

Andy