New Festool Shinex Polisher is awesome!!! :)

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Paul Dalton aka Miracle, May 22, 2009.

1. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Oh well, that's just great. I finally decide to move up in the world and join the Makita family and you guys are dropping it for this Festool. :waiting2:

2. k1msta

k1msta Guest

+1 :doh:

3. Nica

Nica Banned

Sounds good to me :thumb:

Paul I'm a bit confused now, so I'd like to confirm the Rap 150 is a rotary correct? I read the link you posted and maybe I miss interpreted it but it looked to me like it was a DA action :shead: I'll read it again...oh and to confirm this is 60HZ correct? North American voltage standard is 120/240V 60HZ. So the 110V should work here in Canada as long as it's 60HZ.

Oh another thing, the link you posted of the 150 looks different then in this picture...or is it just me :shead:
    [​IMG]

Like I said I got a tad confused now :sorry:

4. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

Paul Dalton aka Miracle DB Pro Supporter

Shinex Rap 150FE and Rap 80 are both just rotarys.

Not sure about the Hz, I will find out for you.

5. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Make it happen Phil! Ill take one of each.

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

You're a tough guy to like sometimes. You know that, right? LOL

7. Nica

Nica Banned

Well in that case :cheerl:

The small unit is so tempting...oh wait...can you replace the backing plate with a smaller backing plate on the 150 unit? lol...I think I just realized why there are two machines, I know, I know, a little slow :doh:

8. PJS

PJS Birth of a Detailer

Nica/FMINUS - http://www.festool.co.uk/mediandowe...=5581&ID_O_PRODUCT=373961&BLATT=1&PARENT=3666
    That shows the RAP 150 as available in European 240v and North American 110v - by default, when making electrical items for the world market, manufacturers will use dedicated power supplies or auto-sensing ones.
    In the case of the RAP 150, it'll be dedicated, and since nowhere else (of real importance) uses less or more than 60Hz at 110/120v, then that's what it'll be.

The RAP 80 looks like it's only 240v, presumably as they don't see enough of a market in NA for it, or they're concentrating on making the RAP 150 initially, then seeing if there's demand for something smaller/cheaper.
    The other possibility is that Health & Safety Regs almost dictate on-site working appliances are 110v, so it could well be that the UK distributor sees no need for the RAP 80 unit at this voltage.
    From what little German I understand, and digging around the site, the only suggestion is to ask directly if a 110v version is available, or when they'll be available in the US - info@tts-festool.com

As most users over here (Europe as a whole) have to do when buying a PC, they get around the power issue using a stepdown transformer - so conversely, you could get a stepup one that outputs 220/240v (the frequency isn't that great an issue as it only means the machine will run a bit faster).

9. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

Paul Dalton aka Miracle DB Pro Supporter

My Festool man is in Germany with Festool at the moment, I think he is back tomorrow or thursday, so I will ask him all your questions!!

Kind Regards
    Paul.

10. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

Depending on price, I would be down for the Shinex as well.

11. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

Why does this not Surprise Me. :shakehead:

I am gonna re-nickname you ATM. :giggle:

12. Bulla2000

Bulla2000 Two Bucket System Washer

Built a nice place for my two rotas last days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Sweet storage on your machines for sure!

14. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

15. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Sweet setup for your tools of the trade

16. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you for the info, very much appreciated. But a machine meant to operate at 50hrz connected to a 60hrz source will be effected in the long run, it will lower it's life expectancy but your right a step up/down transformer could be purchased and will make it work :thumb:

By the way Bulla thats a sweet set up :druling:

17. 911Fanatic

Did anyone ever hear if these are available here? The N. American Festool sites don't even show the polishers.

18. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

as of now they have no eta date for 2009.

19. 911Fanatic

Then where am I supposed to spend my $700?:shakehead:

20. Chris_

Chris_ Virgin Detailer

I just got mine today, apparently the first in my part of the world.

I had a Makita 9227CB and the Metabo PE 12-175, I am now selling the Metabo and pushing the Makita down the line to the spare machine shelf.

I just love this SHINEX, great weight, size and placement of controls. Kinda like a blend of the Metabo and Makita but with a better speed range and speed control system.

I dont think the Aussie ones will help the US guys that are missing out but there now here in Australia if it helps anyone.

Chris